Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any pros or cons on this one ? My buddy is looking at one with set back pump . Clean boat just don't Know anything about them . What kinda of speed should he expect (454 stock)

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Any pros or cons on this one ? My buddy is looking at one with set back pump . Clean boat just don't Know anything about them . What kinda of speed should he expect (454 stock)
Is it a LX, OR A, XT?? EITHER Way those boats run and ride great I built boats for Ultra back in 91 to 2000, post up some pic's of it! what pump berkely, or domoniator?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe its a lx not sure berkley with ride plate and HYD diverter supposely Shoemaker rigged it mild 454 (? msd dist and 6al box square port heads ) They say it runs 60 to 65 not sure looks real clean

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
I had a 21' Shockwave(similar hull) with a marine 454 and Dominator pump built by Shoemaker it ran mid 50's. Horrible on fuel though. My buddy had a 21' Cobra (similar hull) with a 350mag and a bravo drive that ran in the 60s and got way better economy. Another buddy has a 21 Ultra with the 6.2 with a bravo that also ran in the 60s and got way better fuel economy too. the differece with the jet it a lot. Example: from Needles to the sandbar and back I'd burn 35 gallons of fuel and they'd burn 20 with the same amount of people in the boat. And they were obviously cruising faster than me. IMO- tell your buddy to stay away from the jet unless you boat in shallow water all the time...well unless it's a great deal!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
If your buddy ends up passing on it pass the info my way. I'd love to have that boat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts