Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s amazing how fast the 1st year has gone, lots of great time, with some fighting, LOL..
While dating we always talked about a road trip up to San Francisco. So I finally decided it’s time, we are staying at Hotel Monaco San Francisco (http://www.monaco-sf.com/).
I am looking for ideas, Things to do, places to eat or thing we must see. I am stoked on the Air Show or Fleet week thing that is going on. Also we want to tour “The Rock” (Alcatraz, haha), drive (maybe walk) over the golden gate bridge, check out Lombard Street. What else should/can we do? Or any other must see attractions? Wife also wants to do some wine tasting.

Any ideas on the paper gift, for the Anniversary? Or does that mean a personal check? :)bulb

Thanks,

BAS:)hand

·
Got Beer?
434 Posts
Suggestions

1st suggestion...... My wife and I have celebrated the ODD years with her planning everything, just tells me the weather so I can pack, I plan the EVEN years.... we don't tell each other about it until we get there... Kind of fun to guess as you drive along. 17 years of doing this !:)devil

You pick everything, dinner locations, events to do etc. This way you get to plan a trip that you have alwasys wanted to do, but may not be at the top of her list. . . the same goes for her... the spouse who is NOT doing the anniversary, plans the Valentines dinner/get away...

2nd suggestion . . . . Fishermans wharf area is pretty cool, late in the day/evening some pretty weird people come out to "entertain" and earn a buck or two.

If you are driving your own car...and have FAST TRAK... it works on the system up there as well.....

Enjoy surfing the web looking for ideal spots.... plenty of info... If I remember the really good restaurant near the wharf I will re-post.

·
River Rat
337 Posts
If you're going to do Alcatraz, book your tickets online and EARLY. They sell out a week in advance. We were up there in August, and had to book the combo "Alcatraz Island & Angel Island" tour in order to get tickets. Skip Angel Island if you can. There really isn't much to see there.

Get over to North Beach for Italian food. Some of the best Italian food that I've ever had. Our favorite is Fiore D'Italia.

·
Slum Lord
2,854 Posts
I second the motion to get your Alcatraz tickets early....also book the evening tour, its spookier at night.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Congrats on your first year. Today is my 3rd year anniversary.

1st suggestion...... My wife and I have celebrated the ODD years with her planning everything, just tells me the weather so I can pack, I plan the EVEN years.... we don't tell each other about it until we get there... Kind of fun to guess as you drive along. 17 years of doing this !:)devil

You pick everything, dinner locations, events to do etc. This way you get to plan a trip that you have alwasys wanted to do, but may not be at the top of her list. . . the same goes for her... the spouse who is NOT doing the anniversary, plans the Valentines dinner/get away...

2nd suggestion . . . . Fishermans wharf area is pretty cool, late in the day/evening some pretty weird people come out to "entertain" and earn a buck or two.

If you are driving your own car...and have FAST TRAK... it works on the system up there as well.....

Enjoy surfing the web looking for ideal spots.... plenty of info... If I remember the really good restaurant near the wharf I will re-post.
Scoma's?

·
Ryan
171 Posts
x3 Scoma's, if you golf, there is some pretty cool memorabilia there. Cant go wrong there.

If you are into Italian food, there are some great little Italian places not far from the Wharf in the area called North Beach. I would recommend walking through China Town for some fun, its a trip walking through there.

The drive up there is awesome, at least take the 1 up or back down, it takes longer but its awesome.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It’s amazing how fast the 1st year has gone, lots of great time, with some fighting, LOL..
While dating we always talked about a road trip up to San Francisco. So I finally decided it’s time, we are staying at Hotel Monaco San Francisco (http://www.monaco-sf.com/).
I am looking for ideas, Things to do, places to eat or thing we must see. I am stoked on the Air Show or Fleet week thing that is going on. Also we want to tour “The Rock” (Alcatraz, haha), drive (maybe walk) over the golden gate bridge, check out Lombard Street. What else should/can we do? Or any other must see attractions? Wife also wants to do some wine tasting.

Any ideas on the paper gift, for the Anniversary? Or does that mean a personal check? :)bulb

Thanks,

BAS:)hand
the paper gifts that I loved ...

beautiful personalized stationary with a

hand written love note on our anniversary ...

just one wife's opinion ... congratulations and may happy years to come!

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
x4 scoma's...great food and atmosphere! there is cool azz old fishing boats docked there! this place is killer also...www.aliotos.com

·
Dreaming of snow
1,053 Posts
LHC Kirby- I really like your idea! I think Im going to bring that up with my wife and see if she is game for that.

BTW - If you are going on a road trip, I like stopping by Hearst Castle whenever I am up there. Also when you leave the driveway turn right and then an immediate left. There are a ton of Elephant Seals on the beach there!

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
Happy 1st and I hope many many more for you!!!
Take a day and head north for Napa Valley for a little wine tasting. Do the aquarium in SFO as well.

BTW 25 years last Tuesday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts