Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I friend got a DUI last night he is in his late 30's and has a clean driving record and never been in trouble his whole life....lol. Had 2 drinks about 2 hours before he got pulled over, he is on some meds that after looking today on the internet causes false BAC, he blew a 0.08 about one hour and a half hours after getting pulled over at the police station them made him blow 4 times because 1st two times the machine did not work. So he was not happy with the results so had them take his blood 20 min. later but he wont have a answer on that test for two weeks. Think he might get off with a lesser charge?This happen in San Bernadino County Ca. Frank

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
no lawyer its a waste of money unless he hit a car or some crazy shit like that,or plans on getting another dui in the future

·
Registered
985 Posts
Two blows... End of story... He kept blowing... Now bend over and take it.... NO LAWYER... WASTE YOUR MONEY. was he drunk? Yes?

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Piece of advice from dad.

Get a CPA
Get a lawyer
Get a gun

Niether the gun, nor the CPA can help out here, but occasionally someone screws up, and a good lawyer can catch it.

Most likely the guy is hosed, but a Lawyer can keep things straight for your buddy when the occasional jr lawyer sits on the judges seat on a temp basis and decides to get cute with her idea of justice. (like what one tried to do with me when I got busted for riding a 1ft wheelie on my zx11)

The mouthpiece saved me from time in the clink over a misdemeanor driving ticket.

Uncle Dave

·
Second Chance
212 Posts
Just got one. Learned a lot about how f ed up our state is. Sounds about rite tho f in cops say there machine is broken so your BAC will go up. It takes about an hour for the alcohol to get into your blood to read on there breathalizer so if you blow .06-.08 they figure a little longer and it will be higher. Any way your pretty much screwed. Dui's are a business, and there want your money. Talk to a public defender $50 they can probly get it down to a wet reckless, same as a Dui ( just another way to get your money cuz really your allowed to have a .08) the fine is cheaper, its all bullshit. Just be glad it wasn't in la county cuz then you have to get a breathalizer in your car for 5 months, and go to 6 AA meetings, cuz your an alcoholic if you get one Dui. F this state.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Just got one. Learned a lot about how f ed up our state is. Sounds about rite tho f in cops say there machine is broken so your BAC will go up. It takes about an hour for the alcohol to get into your blood to read on there breathalizer so if you blow .06-.08 they figure a little longer and it will be higher. Any way your pretty much screwed. Dui's are a business, and there want your money. Talk to a public defender $50 they can probly get it down to a wet reckless, same as a Dui ( just another way to get your money cuz really your allowed to have a .08) the fine is cheaper, its all bullshit. Just be glad it wasn't in la county cuz then you have to get a breathalizer in your car for 5 months, and go to 6 AA meetings, cuz your an alcoholic if you get one Dui. F this state.
Yup.

Uncle Dave

·
Registered
364 Posts
Go get the copy of the police report and read it yourself and look for any mistakes
if you see something that you think might be a technicality start callng lawyers until you find one that will look the police report over for free. Lawyer probably won't waste his time unless he sees an opportunity to make some $ off you down the road

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have been in a similar situation back when it was .10. I blew a .101. I lawyered up and won. He atacked the solution accuracy reading that is used to calibrate the tester. Best 2k trial ever. That was 20 years ago though.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I`d wait the two weeks for blood test results. Could be in his favor and make good ammunition. We can all thank the Muthers against drunk drivers for this B.S. Once they called me wanting money. I didn`t have to hang up on them. They hung up on me. :D

·
Registered
455 Posts
No such thing as a wet reckless.....

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I friend got a DUI last night he is in his late 30's and has a clean driving record and never been in trouble his whole life....lol. Had 2 drinks about 2 hours before he got pulled over, he is on some meds that after looking today on the internet causes false BAC, he blew a 0.08 about one hour and a half hours
What's the medicine? Large doses of Nyquil? You don't drink 2 normal drinks (beer, glass of wine etc.) and blow a .08 three and a half hours later. Sounds like there is more to the story.

·
Registered
797 Posts
No such thing as a wet reckless.....
You are correct, but there are curcumstances where a lawyer can get it knocked down to a lesser charge. The DMV will still have their with with you (DUI classes and such), but the lesser charge will not go on your record as a DUI, unless another DUI happens within the allotted 10 years.

Having been through a DUI about a year ago, and seeing how the system works, I would reccommend getting a lawyer. If it was higher BAC, .12, with no chance of a lesser charge, then a lawyer would not be warranted (except for pease of mind that someone is handling it that knows what is going on).

What's the medicine? Large doses of Nyquil? You don't drink 2 normal drinks (beer, glass of wine etc.) and blow a .08 three and a half hours later. Sounds like there is more to the story.
I agree, something doesn't sound right unless he weighs about 90lbs.

·
Registered
473 Posts
He blew a .08. Nothing else matters. I blew a .068 in my driveway and still went to jail and got the truck impounded. Got a lawyer, got dismissed. Still on my record when a cop followed me into my driveway again, 2yrs later. She said "have you been drinking". I asked why and she said the computer said I had a DUI on my record. Just get a lawyer and be done with the .08. No prob.

·
Registered
213 Posts
He blew a .08. Nothing else matters. I blew a .068 in my driveway and still went to jail and got the truck impounded. Got a lawyer, got dismissed. Still on my record when a cop followed me into my driveway again, 2yrs later. She said "have you been drinking". I asked why and she said the computer said I had a DUI on my record. Just get a lawyer and be done with the .08. No prob.
Just out of curiousity, why did you go to jail and get the truck impounded if you only blew a .068? Being that it is still under the legal limit, wouldn't that technically be legal?

Oh yeah, to the OP.....get a lawyer.

·
FAT GUY IN A TPR STEALTH
1,828 Posts
YOU CAN GO TO JAIL BLOWING .05 ...... COP CAN TAKE YOU ON HOW YOU ACT UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL .

THE PILLS THAT MAKE BAC GO UP THAT HE WAS TAKING ... ARE THEY TO BE TAKEN WITH ALCOHOL???

IF NOT ... DONT WASTE TIME AND MONEY ... MY DUI .07 BAC WAS REDUCED TO A DRY RECKLESS .. AND I GOT FINED / AA MEETINGS ...FUN ../ FCP ...FIRST TIME CONVICTION PROGRAM ...MEETINGS TWO NIGHTS A WEEK FOR 26 WEEKS ... 4K FOR A LAWYER HE WAS WORTH IT TO ME KEPT MY DRIVERS LICENSE NO DUI ON MY RECORD ...BUT I DID GET / 5K FINE ../ ALL SAID AND DONE 20K........ INSURANCE HIKE .. CLASSES AND ALL THE BS .. 20 YEARS AGO .. NO TICKETS .. FIRST DUI ... I STAY HOME......... NOW ON MAY 5.:)eh:)

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts
I'll say it before and i'll say it again...you CAN GET A DUI AND BLOW A .000000000000%....DUI is drugs AND/OR alcohol. If he got blood drawn from him they'll find the alchohol and whatever else is on board at the time of the blood draw. .08 and above is merely another charge.

BUT, the numbers aren't accurate...two beers then two hours with no beers and hours later he still blows close to a .08......hmmmmmmmm fishy.

·
CAPTAIN KRYLON
101 Posts
Wet & Reckless

For what its's worth.
I got one in San Diego County. :)hammers:asshat:
Honestly had 3 beers. Gave blood about an hour after getting pulled over. Result was .07. Public defender urged me to go for Wet & Reckless. Result was, I was given 2 one point tickets, a 200 dollar fine and I think 48 hours of community service.
I did seek the advice of a lawyer. He told me exactly what would happen if I used the public defender. He was right.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts