Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of my brothers GT deck, and my newly acquired T deck. The GT deck was raced by Tim throughout the 90's with huge success. The boat was sold in 2000, and the owner never did anything with it. Fast forward to this past May, and Tim gets a call saying it's up for sale again. Well, you can't let your first flat go, so it is back in the family. His is under going all new hardware, and he has the floors all back to perfect again. The red and white Hondo is my newly purchased from Mike Robbins. We are in the middle of taking it apart to start all over with it to. Tim, and I will keep the updated pics coming. house and boat 049.jpg house and boat 051.jpg house and boat 052.jpg house and boat 053.jpg

·
Registered
161 Posts
Getting the GT back

It was quite a feeling to go pick my old boat up after 13 years and bring it home again. Thankfully the gentleman who purchased it did nothing more than let it sit in his barn all that time. It's also really cool that Scott found a boat to have some fun with, both boats are going to be lake rod / occasional bracket race boats. Our other brother owns a cottage on a nice lake in Michigan, to say it's going to be fun with 2 flats up there is an understatement. The only problem now is that we seem to have lost interest in racing our drag cars, damn drag boats.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are some updated pics of the two boats. First is Tim's boat, with all new v-drive braces motor rails, strut braces, motor mounts, transom braces, and all new cav plate.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Hope that v-drive is getting a whirlaway!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Nice boat, what are the specs, what's it run?
Boat is a Canyon.I only have a couple passes on the boat. I originally built with a 428" FE Ford.It ran a 9.80 @118 with the FE before a retainer broke and let a intake valve kiss the piston.After that i dropped a injected 580" Ford in it.I ran a 8.96 @125 on my license pass with the 580" and it shut down early.i hope to be competative in the 9.00's this year.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Boat is a Canyon.I only have a couple passes on the boat. I originally built with a 428" FE Ford.It ran a 9.80 @118 with the FE before a retainer broke and let a intake valve kiss the piston.After that i dropped a injected 580" Ford in it.I ran a 8.96 @125 on my license pass with the 580" and it shut down early.i hope to be competative in the 9.00's this year.
Sounds like it should be plenty competitive in the 9.00 class, Canyons are very efficient hulls and it sounds like you have plenty of power.
Keep us posted on how you do and good luck.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Time for some update pics. We have been working during the week, and every weekend to try ad get these things closer to going in the water this summer. So here are the latest shots.

This my Hondo T-deck. I have the cav plate pretty much all mocked up. All supports are made and fitted. I made a new battery tray for the Braille style battery. Also made a new bracket for the throttle pedal. Looks like we will be running the low profile headers on both boats. The Ford will get a custom made set we will be fabbing up ourselves. You can see that both boats are getting some of the pieces made the same on each one. I guess that's what happens when you build two boats side by side in the same garage. More pics to follow as we get everything made up.

Here is my boat...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts