Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
HOOAH ! my "Battle Buddy"
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well. after a lomg 10 months (worry free, yeah right ! ! ) one of my sons is coming home from Irag for some RR. He's been stuck in Kawait the past 2 1/2 days waiting for a flight to the states. It's going to be a short 18 days of visiting then it's back to Iraq for him to finsh his tour. I got the front yard all decorated with "Welcome Home" banners and American flags all over, I hope he will not be to embarrass....lol Parenting has its perks...lol

OG Shocker...... God bless Private Ryan "HOOAH" ! ! ! Ft Jackson is a cool base. Visit the museum. If the weather is good they will have the ceremony in the stadium so take a good camera with a good zoom

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Thank him from all of us on PB for fighting for our country please. I sure wish those idiots up in Berkley blocking the Marine recruiting site would understand how important the job is that your son and others do for our country. Without our soldiers those idiots would not have the right to protest like they do. The Marines are not welcome in Berkley????? WTF!

·
HOOAH ! my "Battle Buddy"
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank him from all of us on PB for fighting for our country please. I sure wish those idiots up in Berkley blocking the Marine recruiting site would understand how important the job is that your son and others do for our country. Without our soldiers those idiots would not have the right to protest like they do. The Marines are not welcome in Berkley????? WTF!
Hey Tom, I'll be telling him as soon as he lands in Atlanta and calls me. It's amazing the mentality of some people. This is whats makes this country great, the right of freedom of speech/expression BUT we should never forgot how we are afforded these freedoms.

·
Pride & Promise
513 Posts
We did the same thing for my brother when he came home for his leave....flags, banners, etc. all over the place! He loved it!!!! Said he liked to know that people still thought of him and appreciated the support!! We also had a tree in the front yard with yellow ribbons on it from the day he left until the day he returned, and people that walked or drove by would stop and tie ribbons on our tree.

It was hard when he came home though, never slept in his own bed, and wouldn't do anything with the family....he told us later he had to emotionally stay disconnected so it would be easier to go back...but everyone handles it differently! I hope this isn't the case for you guys. (I know some, including my brother, would have rather done the whole tour without the break and then come home 2 weeks earlier). I hope he enjoys the time he has off, for it is well deserved!!!

Please, tell both your son's thank you so much for their service!!!

·
IDGAF
2,872 Posts
what he said

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Thank your son for me please.Can u beleave that BS

·
yep you were rite
249 Posts
Hey HL please thank him for his service....and it must suck being stuck in kuwait.....if windy was still there they might have gotten to meet ....please say thanks from us..and enjoy your time together...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts