Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off how do i remove this (the metal part) so that i can put on my new steering wheel?

IMAG0014.jpg
secondly, anyone out there want a (free) white persian cat?

IMAG0015.jpg

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I would guess to use a bearing puller on the metal part. There should be a set screw holding it on the shaft that once loostened may be able to take off by hand. Kragan or autozone may loan the puller.

Why would anyone want a cat?

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
Set screw? beets me. Most are on a 3/4" tappered shaft with a key way. Take off the nut and use a puller or see if you can tap it on the back with a rubber mallet, I've done it both ways.

As for the cat, set out some antifreeze, they love that chit. Just don't tell any one. I found 2 piles of dust, or what was left of 2 cats in my boat. It's something to see a cat reduced to the size of a golf ball, no bones left at all.

·
Impeachment!
3,728 Posts
As for the cat, set out some antifreeze, they love that chit.
That's one way. But if you like the cat, with the exception of the presents it leaves on your boat, try small mousetraps. Put a bunch of 'em on the boat and eventually the little fleabag, err, I mean kittie will get snapped by one. It'll hurt a bit, but do no permanent damage. And that little fukker WILL learn to stay away from the master's boat.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
Remove rock grate, insert cat, reinstall rock grate, take to lake.......:|err
I like it ..... mean; yes, effective; yes, nice; no.

S CP :D

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
I have done this three ways! 1, Pull nut till almost flush with stud and take a brass drift a hammer and your knees under wheel and pop nut with drift and hammer! Knees are for pressure against wheel! 2, puller and a hammer 3,Cutter wheel and patience! Good luck! And the cat go shait in his box! LOL! WT

1 - 14 of 14 Posts