Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 20' Eliminator Scorpion and it has a blown 496 BBC. The G-Berkeley pump is fully set-back with loader and shoe. I have no idea how to measure the angles of these and would appreciate any help or set-up angles if someone has a Scorpion with a similar set-up.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
I've heard of a scorpion, but not a 20'. Do you have a pic? I'll help ya put one up if you don't know how....

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Call greg shoemaker @ gs marine or hit him up here on the boards. He's had some good results setting those up. From what I've seen they're a rather different animal as a jet. Good luck, have fun, be safe.

·
Registered
854 Posts

The '20 Scorpion i owned had a spoon installed and that let the boat air out real nice, shut down great as well. :)bulb

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts

The '20 Scorpion i owned had a spoon installed and that let the boat air out real nice, shut down great as well. :)bulb
Dallas, Not sure if you knew but that boat of yours made it all the way to Cali and then after we re-rigged it went back to TX We re-did it for a guy stationed in Iraq a few years back Tom

ps crappy phone cam pic , customer insisted Rhonda and I take it to the lake for a "spin";)

·
Registered
4,288 Posts

That's 20'?? I eye balled a scorpion before I jumped into my daytona, I don't remember it looking like that. I dunno maybe the boat I was looking at wasn't a scorpion.... They were orig. made for an outboard right??

·
Registered
273 Posts
call greg shoemaker he help make them .......we have the frist one layed up in kevlar that harold bruce owned .......now it just sits in the shop cause my wife dont want eddie hills autograph to come off

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Jetjunky, Greg has contacted me and I am trying to post pics of the boat. Not sure how but I am going to give it a try.
Well, no luck, if someone can tell me how to post the pics I would appreciate it.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
I just bought a 20' Eliminator Scorpion and it has a blown 496 BBC. The G-Berkeley pump is fully set-back with loader and shoe. I have no idea how to measure the angles of these and would appreciate any help or set-up angles if someone has a Scorpion with a similar set-up.
Thanks
Man your boat is sweeeet. I had to go back and read your orig. question. I'll take a stab at it..The shoe depth meas. is taken relative to the keel. The loader should be fairly level with the keel also. What issues are you having??? Fillucky mentioned having some bottom work done to make the boat more "jet friendly".... If you need some pics put up ,I'll help with a few.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just getting use to the boat and not sure what to expect. It seems to jump out of the hole great and handles good. Just wonder what thew speed should be. Right now 5400 RPM is about 76 MPH.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Just getting use to the boat and not sure what to expect. It seems to jump out of the hole great and handles good. Just wonder what thew speed should be. Right now 5400 RPM is about 76 MPH.
That sounds like maybe a b-cut. Great looking boat, sorry I can't make the pic bigger(I'm too stupid):)sphss If you want pm me your e-mail and I'll see if I can find pic posting instructions I copied off hot boat.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts