Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Just Shoot It!!
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for a strong tow vehicle for your boat? Don't want to drop $50k into a new one? Want something that was taken care of (maintenance) and with lots of strong life left in her? I may have what you're looking for. Big SUVs just are not selling because of gas prices. But purpose vehicles, such as tow rigs, are!

I had my Regal Express cruiser on a hydro-hoist at the local marina (was real nice), so I did not have to haul her around much, but when I did pull her out for service and such, this setup was awesome! Just idled out of most ramps in that "granny" low gear and hardly, if ever, had to touch the accelerator! Steeper ramps I'd only have to touch the gas a little bit. It's all torque and geared for towing (it's got the heavy-duty hitch setup and towing package option for such). All factory stock, no chips needed or special aftermarket gearing. My boat was comparable to a nice-sized Sea Ray 280 Sundancer (many are more familiar with that then the Regal). It was about 9'5 wide, with a tandem axle trailer and surge-brakes setup on the trailer. I NEVER felt out of control towing this tug boat! Rather I always felt confident and in control - and that is a must when towing. It never pushed me around.

Interior is clean, no rips in my driver seat. It's the XLT Trim package, so cloth seats, no cracked worn leather. Power driver seat (6-way), power door locks, mirrors, windows (w/auto down on driver side). Decent CD/Tape/AM/FM stereo system - I never upgraded for fear of having it stolen. Mirrors slide way outside for big trailer towing with helps one to see. Mirrors also fold both forward or backward to move out of the way (I've had idiots on bicycles knock them off on each side - cool thing is new ones now fold forward and will absorb shock that way, whereas the stock ones would break - which is exactly why they broke).

Pretty clean truck, and I've put in a new water pump, fan clutch, thermostat w/water neck, hose, belt - lots of fun to do -LOL. I had the front end serviced with new bushings and new ball joints. Clutch done recently around 110k or so (the only reason for this was I had a defective clutch arm that pulls the throw-out bearing replaced and while in there with that many miles, ya just toss in a new clutch along with any other wear parts). It has 142k miles on her now. Runs like the day I bought her! I always keep the oil and fuel/air filters clean! Lots of tread left on the General Grabbers -Yes, E-Rated (great tires - way, way better than those stock Firestone rock tires). Running sidestep boards, stock alloy wheels. Some of the normal road/parking lot rash (little nicks and door dings one would get on a vehicle any older than 5 years). Still looks nice though - I love white paint - the sun does not bleach it like darker colors.

I'm in the NorCal Delta area, so if interested, email me at: [email protected] and I can provide more details or answer questions. I'd like to get $8,500 out of her, OBO... KBB comes in at close to $9,500.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Motor vehicle

·
Registered
709 Posts
Very clean truck, you should sell this easly by the weekend, esp. with the 7.3!!!!! :))THumbsUp

1 - 2 of 2 Posts