Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Carrera 257 party effect

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD THANKS PB.com

Thinking of selling the Carrera. The wife is pushing for a pontoon. I really love this boat so if it sell’s, great. If not, that’s ok too. If anyone is interested let me know. Maybe we can work out a deal. Or, if someone is looking at possibly trading a pontoon, that maybe an option too. Only pontoons I am interested in are Bennington, JC or Playcraft.

2001 CARRERA BOATS 257 PARTY EFFECT,
496HO, 340 hours
Top speed 65 mph
XR drive
Blue water trim indicator
New dual bimin tops (
Killer stereo with 3 remotes,
3 batteries w/ internal charger
Recently removed the refrigerator and installed more storage.
xint cond.
always garaged and serviced (new impeller just installed)
Bottom gel coated in 08
This boat is in perfect condition.,

619-990-2666

New pics added on page 2, they are of the new dual bimini's. They work sweet when it is hot out.

Attachments

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
Love that boat. If I had money I would buy your boat, my boat, your boat, and make it my boat again. :D

If anyone needs any more pics of anything, PM me and I will send them to you. I have a lot.

Good luck Bruce.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Love that boat. If I had money I would buy your boat, my boat, your boat, and make it my boat again. :D

If anyone needs any more pics of anything, PM me and I will send them to you. I have a lot.

Good luck Bruce.
Thanks Rick. Sorry to hear the back is acting up again. That is no bueno. It's a hard decision to sell the boat that's why I will not be upset if it does not sell. It's a great boat, but the wife is pushing for a toon. I'm ok with going that direction. Seems like we have more little kids and friends heading out to the lake with us. Need a bit more space and someting a little more tube friendly

·
Full Of It.
787 Posts
I like this boat. How wide is it?
How wide is the trailer?
I have a limited carport space. What's the overal length of boat and trailer?
Is that a little refrigerator? 12V? How does that work....?

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
I like this boat. How wide is it?
How wide is the trailer?
I have a limited carport space. What's the overal length of boat and trailer?
Is that a little refrigerator? 12V? How does that work....?
Until Bruce can respond, I'll answer the best I can for him.
Trailer is 102" wide, and boat is about the same as it extends over fenders, but no wider then trailer. Trailer has a folding tongue (Competitive trailer), so my guess is that boat on triler is right around 29'. It hasd a fridge, and it worked so so, but Bruce has removed it and Wayne Earl build a compartment with door for the area (much more functional).

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Until Bruce can respond, I'll answer the best I can for him.
Trailer is 102" wide, and boat is about the same as it extends over fenders, but no wider then trailer. Trailer has a folding tongue (Competitive trailer), so my guess is that boat on triler is right around 29'. It hasd a fridge, and it worked so so, but Bruce has removed it and Wayne Earl build a compartment with door for the area (much more functional).
Phebus probably knows more about this boat than me. He has all the measurements right. I can check how long it is this week end on the trailer from outdrive to folded tounge for you. The refriderator really never worked all that well. It took several hours to cool and as soon as you opened the door, out went the cool air. Not to mention it wou suck valuable battery juice from the stereo. I had it taken out and put in storage. Works much better than the Refridge. I can put a large soft cooler in there along with a dry items. I'll try to get pics on the trailer with the new bimini tops. The bimini's work really well. The front one completely covers the front seats. About 9 ft. You can take it off and just run with the back one if you want to go fast. But when it is hot........dual bimini's are sweet. Honestly, this is an awesome boat. If you don't know the story behind it. I was the original owner, I sold it to Phebus and then later jumped at the chance to buy it back when he had it up for sale. These 257 are built very well and ride nice. This boat has always been garaged and really does look good

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
I will add,

Carrera went through various qualities of rigging (Carrera-Aftershock Carrera), but I have been through this boat from gunnel to gunnel and bow to stern and it is rigged very nice.

This boat is put together right.

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
I talked to Bruce and he doesn't have many pictures but is heading out this coming weekend and will take more.

I was a previous owner of this boat and have several pictures. If there is any pics in particular or any info I can help with until Bruce sees this let me know and I'll see if I can help.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A few more pics. One of the replacement of the refridege with new storage (mucho better) and one of the engine. Here are the measurements:
Boat on trailer: 29'. (with tongue folded, 32" with tongue extended)
Trailer and boat width. 8' 5"
Height on trailer: 6' 10"

I didn't have time to get pics of the boat with the new bimini tops on. I was lazy and road on a friends boat. I'll be out in a few weeks so I'll get pics. If there is any additional pics or info you need. Let me know.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I talked to Bruce and he doesn't have many pictures but is heading out this coming weekend and will take more.

I was a previous owner of this boat and have several pictures. If there is any pics in particular or any info I can help with until Bruce sees this let me know and I'll see if I can help.
Thanks Rick!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts