Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a trailer and it came with a nice hull on it I have clean titles on both.. the uscg site list the manufacturer as Eclipse Performance Boats inc. out of Temecula,ca it says the were business from 2000 until 2005 .. Rumor has it that the owner Ted Stotelmyer had worked for Warlock and Eliminator before starting Eclipse.. they made v hull from 2000-2005 and only made a few cat hulls from 2003-05.. Any info would be great. all I can find online is that the company did exist.. no pictures or production numbers could be found.. 2 forum talks about Eclipse Custom Boats around 2003 and then nothing .. it does look a lot like an Eliminator Daytona 25' but different enough to tell its not one.. Thanks for anything you can find..should have my 496 in it and a new interior by summer..

Attachments

·
Registered
660 Posts
Never heard of them. Of course back then boat builders were springing up like weeds.
Is that essentially a bare hull?

Oath Keeper

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if you could fill me in with any other info like how many did they make or any way of getting into contact with either of them that would be greatly appreciated... and to Mr. Denton yes pretty much a bare hull it does have fuel tanks and rigged for the most part along with motor mounts and gimbal housing and transom mount,,

·
Registered
660 Posts
That's cool. All the holes are already drilled, all you have to do is fill them with whatever you desire.
Bob Leach owns Eliminator, his don is Brett. Maybe go down to Eliminator and chat with them.

Oath Keeper

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks I appreciate the help.. it looks a lot like an Eliminator Daytona 25 but just different enough that you know its not ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just got off the phone with Bob at Eliminator. What a nice guy he took the time to talk with me and gave me his number so I could send him some pics . he didn't make the hulls but he does remember the boat I texted him a few pictures and he remembered how the back weirdly tapered up.. he's not sure who made them but said he would ask around about the boat and Ted Stotelmyer the owner of Eclipse performance boats inc... Can't ask for more than that... at least we are getting somewhere..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I talked with a few guys that are in the business and nobody so far seems to know who made the hulls or how many Eclipse turned out as finished 24 extreme's I guess it is safe to assume that I wont run into another one on a regular basis...lol.. if anyone has any other info .. rumors .. thoughts.. let me know... thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well just got of the phone with the original owner and builder of Eclipse Custom Boats.. Ted, and he said that only 10 of the 24 extreme's were built before the mold for them got crushed by a delivery truck and that the one I have was number 1 built and was in 2003 hot boat September issue page 80 the article was called Total Eclipse... if anyone has a copy I would love it if you could scan it and e-mail it to me @ [email protected]
or if you want to sell me a copy of that issue..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts