Performance Boats Forum banner

2003 Eliminator Daytona Prop Question

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Boat 405 
#1 ·
Hello , I recently bought my first 2003 Eliminator Daytona 25. I have owned boats my whole life so this is my first cat. needless to say i love this thing. The ride, handling, comfort and power are awesome. my only complaint is the hole shot. Its taking longer then expected to plane out. It has a 4 blade 26p bravo 1 prop now and im thinking i need to change the prop a little to get it out on plane faster..
Any help is greatly appreciated.

2003 Eliminator Daytona 25
closed bow
496 HO
204 HRS
bravo 1 outdrive
4 blade 26p prop

#3 ·
Easy on the sticks. Don’t hammer down on it out of the hole. That’s how you break your drive. A 26 p prop is about the biggest you’ll want to go with a stock 496ho. A 24 might give you a slight better top end actually.

I have a 2001 25 that came with a 496 ho. I ran it with a 24 and a 26. The 26 planned a little sooner but slower top end. The 24 was a better all around prop.

Even now that I’ve double the power I still take it easy out of the hole. Trust me on this one. If you go full throttle out of the hole enough times you will break it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.