Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I want to reach out for some help I'm having with my 2005 Tige 22v. It has a 5.7 340hp Marine Power Engine, ZF Hurth Trans & V Drive. The boat has 420 hours on it currently. I bought it about 6 months ago so don't know the history.

My boat is revving randomly whenever it wants to. I can't figure out why it revs when it does. Sometimes in neutral, sometimes in drive. The boat will be in neutral and rev to 2k rpm, hover for a sec, then come down. In drive the revs climb for a sec, there's a surge of power to the prop from the additional rev, and then it comes back to my control. This sometimes happens every 45 seconds, or every 15 minutes.

Throttle is drive by wire. My throttle body has an electric motor on it that controls the butterfly valve. My throttle arm has an electronic sensor on it (potentiometer) that knows where the arm is positioned. My engine does not have an IAC valve - the IAC is controlled electronically by the throttle body's butterfly valve motor to allow a certain amount of air through while at idle.

I have already replaced the throttle arm potentiometer and recalibrated to spec. Replaced spark plugs, cap & rotor. I will replaced spark plug wires later this week. I've replaced the fuel filter and verified fuel looks good, no water in the separator. Removed and cleaned my throttle body and flame arrestor. Changed the trans fluid, V drive fluid, and engine oil. Impeller & housing are both new. 2 Cranking batteries both new... Starter is new... my 2 V belts are also new. Batteries read 12.6V key off, and 13.65V at idle so I think my alternator is doing its' job.

Is there anyone out there who can lend me some advice or guidance on where to look? This is my first boat and I've been learning everything as I go.

Here's a video i got showing what is happening.

Thanks so much for any help from anyone

·
Registered
687 Posts
odd. that looks like its in your throttle control setup. I havent seen a typical sensor run the motor around like that.

do you have one of those ski throttle control systems on there? Definitley looks electronic in nature

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have Tige's speed set cruise control if that's what you mean... But it's definitely powered off. I will try and disconnect my electronic throttle control module to see if it still persists in neutral. I was thinking maybe fuel injectors being stuck open?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow seriously? Maybe it’s ECM related then and the dealer can flash it & fix

I’m calling my local Tigé dealer as soon as they open today, thank you for the tip

1 - 5 of 5 Posts