Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
....like warm apple pie
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am selling my son's Yamaha Raptor 50...and I'm sad. I have done alot of work to this beauty to get it to run well and now he's too big for it....so here it is for sale. First off, I added 2" billet wheel spacers on all wheels to widen the stance and make the bike more stable. Big difference! Then I added a Big Gun ceramic coated exhaust system with aluminum silencer and a Big Gun ignition module which changes the timing for more power and raises the rev limiter to expand the power band. I installed a K&N air filter to round off the engine breathing. This bike is an automatic and I found that the clutch would engage before the powerband, so I modded the clutch to release later…..which works MUCH better in the dunes. This bike is not a rocket (my boy's safety is first, obviously), but it will and has beat stock Raptor 50's hands down. I wanted him to have a bike that could handle sand dunes and keep up with the rest of us on trail rides and with my mods, this does great. I've had this since it was brand new and I have changed the oil every 3rd ride. This bike has about 10 hours total on it and the stock tires still look new. I am asking $1000. Any questions, PM me.

·
....like warm apple pie
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice bike. Can i ask where you got the wheel spacers i am in need of some for my yamaha raptor 90
I got mine on ebay. They are just like these:

http://www.midcalmotorsports.com/partsraptor80.html

The Raptor 80's have the same bolt pattern as the 50's. I just picked up a Raptor 90 and with the wheels and tires that came on it, I don't see the need for spacers. That thing is pretty stable.

Good luck!

·
....like warm apple pie
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow....I completely forgot I still had this bike!! Its stored in an empty office at my work.....I guess "out of sight, out of mind" LOL!!

Riding season is just around the corner!! Great bike for a great price!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
It's a four-stroke and for the size she's no lightweight. The Raptor weights just shy of 240lbs. The Honda 90 weighs only a few pounds more.

Aloha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts