Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
no need 2 fake it.
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, heres my question, hopefully some of you can help! a bunch of guys on the GMFS.com forum are saying that with a 6in fabtech lift, 35in tires won't fit, you will have to clip the shit outta the fenders.... the reason i ask is because i am planning on lifting mine 6in with 35x12.50x20 Toyo MT's and 20in XD Diesels here in the next week.. just dont want to order it all and then have it not fit. i definatley do not want a 6in lift with 33's as that will look wack IMHO. thanks for the input guys!

-brandon

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts
alright, heres my question, hopefully some of you can help! A bunch of guys on the gmfs.com forum are saying that with a 6in fabtech lift, 35in tires won't fit, you will have to clip the shit outta the fenders.... The reason i ask is because i am planning on lifting mine 6in with 35x12.50x20 toyo mt's and 20in xd diesels here in the next week.. Just dont want to order it all and then have it not fit. I definatley do not want a 6in lift with 33's as that will look wack imho. Thanks for the input guys!

-brandon
fsc.com!

·
28 Powerplay - HP500
1,399 Posts
alright, heres my question, hopefully some of you can help! a bunch of guys on the GMFS.com forum are saying that with a 6in fabtech lift, 35in tires won't fit, you will have to clip the shit outta the fenders.... the reason i ask is because i am planning on lifting mine 6in with 35x12.50x20 Toyo MT's and 20in XD Diesels here in the next week.. just dont want to order it all and then have it not fit. i definatley do not want a 6in lift with 33's as that will look wack IMHO. thanks for the input guys!

-brandon
It'll definitely fit on a 3/4 ton, so it'd fit for sure with a body lift which is about the same as a 2500 I believe.

I'd think the backspacing of the wheels would be important, but it'd be doable with minimal trimming or none.

Oh, and 6in and 33's looks good.:D

·
no need 2 fake it.
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
with 20's though? i guess i need a clear pic of it to decide whether or not i like it, not passing judgment! 4.5in backspacing is what i had planned, not sure if that'll work- and i dont really care too much for body lifts.. i guess its just the new shape of these dumb fenders eh?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Pretty sure i'd listen to the people on the truck site, rather than a boating site when it comes to a truck question.

GMfullsize and fullsizechevy are usually pretty good when it comes to truck info. I frequent the both of them.

·
28 Powerplay - HP500
1,399 Posts
Pretty sure i'd listen to the people on the truck site, rather than a boating site when it comes to a truck question.

GMfullsize and fullsizechevy are usually pretty good when it comes to truck info. I frequent the both of them.
True. But some of us are trucksite people as well. Dieselplace has a ton of great info (on the big ones though).:D

·
28 Powerplay - HP500
1,399 Posts
with 20's though? i guess i need a clear pic of it to decide whether or not i like it, not passing judgment! 4.5in backspacing is what i had planned, not sure if that'll work- and i dont really care too much for body lifts.. i guess its just the new shape of these dumb fenders eh?
I really like it, but I'm partial.;)

The new fenders definetly do not permit huge tires. If nobody there tells you it'll fit though, they should know. There are quite a few guys running the combo though, so I wouldn't imagine the trimming to be that bad.

·
no need 2 fake it.
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
true, its not that i am calling them ass*ole liars, i just know how some people are, here one person with one problem and the rest take it as gospel, people told me that my titan would rub the way i had it set up (6in fabtech, coilovers craked to almost 8in, rear end dropped 2 inches) they all told me that the back would bottom out like crazy... well, being that my boat was the heaviest thing i towed, it didnt rub at all, and i dont do any crazy offroading, just a slow cruise thru the dunes... haha- im just a jerk i guess who wants to be a hardhead and make my own mistakes?!

·
two strokes is enough
2,042 Posts
true, its not that i am calling them ass*ole liars, i just know how some people are, here one person with one problem and the rest take it as gospel, people told me that my titan would rub the way i had it set up (6in fabtech, coilovers craked to almost 8in, rear end dropped 2 inches) they all told me that the back would bottom out like crazy... well, being that my boat was the heaviest thing i towed, it didnt rub at all, and i dont do any crazy offroading, just a slow cruise thru the dunes... haha- im just a jerk i guess who wants to be a hardhead and make my own mistakes?!

do the lift and then if you need some plasma cutting or torching give me a jingle ill hook you up. about the only place i would think it would rub is is the back inside corner of your finder and the bottom of your front bumper which can be taken care or easily. or you could just buy the lift put it on and go to franklin tire talk to ole dennis and see what he says then try some tires there equivelant to what you want and see you would just have to rock the stockers for a day or two while you get your rims in!
itll look bitchin rollin the 235's haha:)devil

or save your money and by my boat sooner then you said haha jk let me know ifyou need some torched chit

·
no need 2 fake it.
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha well, im ordering it all thru 4wheelparts.com they are the cheapest right now eliminator can't beat it and beltran can usually match it- thats where i bought my last setup they just order thru them and get free shipping. so i order tires wheels and lift all at once, but i will def. hit you up dale, thx

·
Registered
247 Posts
My coworker has an 09 1500 CC 2WD. He has the 6in Fab Tech kit and it clears 35's without any hacking. He is has the Toyo mudders. I can send you a pic tomorrow.

I think it even says on Fabtech's site that the 6in for the new body 1500 fits 35's?

On the older 6in Fabtech kits you could only clear 33's and had to body lift to do 35's.

·
no need 2 fake it.
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah Lavey, pics would be greatly appreciated! if you could also check his backspacing that would be awesome, thanks a bunch man!!!

·
no need 2 fake it.
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh yah, and a couple guys also told me that the FT kit turns out to be closer to an 8in kit whenever its installed, to me, its a no brainer?! haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts