Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
"BEER BUDGET RACING"
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends, August 11th is the the date

This is a free event, all are welcome. We will be having free food and good times for all regional and area hot boaters. There is also plenty of camping both tent and RV with water and electric hook ups. We will also be having a radar run with 1000t course marked off with awards going to Fastest Jet, Fastest V-drive and Fastest outboard. There will also be a Best of Show award given (so shine em up). Tee shirts will be available for sale. Had 60+ boats last year, lets try to blow that out of the water in 2012. Hope to see you there!

·
Administrator
16,893 Posts
Lake patrol is OK with the speed runs?

·
"BEER BUDGET RACING"
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lake patrol is OK with the speed runs?
Yeah, it will be in the back of the lake like last year. I'm sure they wont let us close the front area down like years past but, they seem to be ok with us running in the back on the flats. Its actually safer back there due to it being a no ski area. We will have big bouys set up to mark the lane and some smaller ones to keep spectators a safe distance from the action and to mark the staging area. There were a few hiccups in last years radar run, due to not knowing some of the boats or folks driving, so this year we will have a little registration and an actual starting barge so we can keep everything straight and keep the drivers safe from unexpected conditions on the course. Its a live and learn kinda deal. We are working as best we can to provide a safer atmosphere for the event.

Robert has a little get together with the authorities to get the low down on it all in the coming days.

·
GTO's and Jets
125 Posts
We are going to try and make it. Kona and a TX-19 for sure and hopefully a TX-20 as well if they can arrange it at work... Have to remember Okmulgee is a "One Way" lake...

·
"BEER BUDGET RACING"
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We are going to try and make it. Kona and a TX-19 for sure and hopefully a TX-20 as well if they can arrange it at work... Have to remember Okmulgee is a "One Way" lake...
Umm yeah, take it from me, counter clockwise. LOL

Cmon, and welcome we'd love to have you.

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
Okay Count my out...that is the same weekend as marble falls.

I am determined to make it to one of these get togethers.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Hey man, can I get an exact location so I can get a mapquest? Are all the outlaw crew going to be at this deal? How about you Ron, you guys gonna be at this deal? What about the OKC crew? Arkansas boys?

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
Hey man, can I get an exact location so I can get a mapquest? Are all the outlaw crew going to be at this deal? How about you Ron, you guys gonna be at this deal? What about the OKC crew? Arkansas boys?
I would almost bet Ron will be in Marble Falls helping Dillon and Boyce.

·
"BEER BUDGET RACING"
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

Hass, you can mapquest Okmulgee state park and it should zoom you right in. Or google maps thats the one I like to use.

So far from the OKC crew, I have 9 wanting RV spots, there are a few coming from Arkansas, but havent heard from any of the WFL guys or Outlaws. probably a few of the Texas guys coming up as well.

·
GTO's and Jets
125 Posts
How hard is it going to be for me to get an RV spot with a 30 foot Bumper pull, 2 trucks and 2 boats pulling in Friday evening leaving Sunday?

·
"BEER BUDGET RACING"
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
How hard is it going to be for me to get an RV spot with a 30 foot Bumper pull, 2 trucks and 2 boats pulling in Friday evening leaving Sunday?

Not hard at all. I believe there are 25 total spots in the Red Oak area, theres an inner ring and an outer ring, all are pretty easy to get into.

We are trying to get a head count for everybody needing a RV site so we can reserve them. If you need one we are up to 10 not counting the clubbies.

·
Administrator
16,893 Posts
It's all good...maybe some of ya'll would hit Beavers Bend in October...I'm having another party in the woods.

Lets see..... Patty.... alcohol....woods.... Sounds like a recipe to get in big trouble to me.

Will be up to you Hass to represent the turbo crowd. it is a nice place and good folks.

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
Lets see..... Patty.... alcohol....woods.... Sounds like a recipe to get in big trouble to me.

Will be up to you Hass to represent the turbo crowd. it is a nice place and good folks.

Guess I could start a thread here for it...right now its an event on facebook I invited like 400 to already...the spring party was great fun.

stock-photo-pinwheel-on-a-serene-sky-background-digital-illustration-32437678.jpg Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

·
GTO's and Jets
125 Posts
Is this a 1 day event? I talked to my friend and if it is just a one day deal we will just bring our boats on Saturday morning and head home that evening.

·
"BEER BUDGET RACING"
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is this a 1 day event? I talked to my friend and if it is just a one day deal we will just bring our boats on Saturday morning and head home that evening.
I usually get out there on Thursday get my stuff setup and then get around friday and hang out on the lake and watch folks pulling in. Then party down friday night, pick some guitar, visit with some friends we havent seen since last year, drink some beers, cookout...ect ect

wake up Saturday and do it all again.

Its a big ass weekend of partying and visiting and playing with boats.

·
"BEER BUDGET RACING"
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hell, I think ole' Wildhair partied for about a week before the bash last year.:drinkin::drinkin:

He was worn slap out when the real party started lol

·
Blown, OHBA Member
2,811 Posts
Hell, I think ole' Wildhair partied for about a week before the bash last year.:drinkin::drinkin:

He was worn slap out when the real party started lol
:D yes he was, but It was a hellofatime :drinkin:Worth every brain cell that was sacrificed. :)devilgonna cull out a few more this year. LOL

·
"BEER BUDGET RACING"
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
To all the V-drive owners. Last year 57mph won the fastest V-drive award. Making me think that all of them are slow............just sayin :cool::cool:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts