Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
21' Daytona V-Drive with Blown 565

Decided to sell the 21, Pretty rare V-Drive Daytona Put a lot time and effort into it the last two years,
Shelfo Installed a new strut to handle 1000 + HP , A new 1 1/8 shaft , I redid
the Shaft log, All the Gauges are new, Autometer Carbon Fiber with 140 GPS
redid the trailer , new fenders , wheels and rewire, Paint Looks good from a distance , at some point will need to be redone , Boats been 135 with 1200hp
Nice Hot rod , Less motor also comes with a top shelf mikes transmission turbo 400

Pending sale how about that ?

Attachments

·
" Live Laterally "
4,536 Posts
Very nice! good luck with the sale I guess.:)sphss Looks like a keeper to me.:)devil

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
I saw this awesome boat years ago in parker, I had been wondering what happend to it. Good luck with the sale.
You ever boat out at the res? I used to live up there and did the res thing as well as Navjo Dam Lake. Trout fishing is great and salmon snagging in winter is a hoot. I used to be a bouncer at the Top Deck too. No pay but lots of split uh I mean fringes!:)hand

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
parker

this boat belonged to joco race about 8 years ago, Orville area after that, then last 2 1/2 sac , not sure if (steves dad) ever had the boat in that area,
Thanks for the complements, dialed in this thing runs hard, beat a 9.60 boat
by a couple of boat lengths (My 19 :D) before I owned it

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
Awesome, Rare Boat

Hey Smitty, yep I bought that boat from a guy named Jerry Hoerl in Kansas City, Missouri. It was a great boat, however I never put any serious power in it and only ran a 3 blade prop on it for skiing. It has had some big power in it, (Shaun and my son Steve w/Cougar) raced several times at CFW.
The boat could have been in Arizona when it was new, since that is where it was originally rigged (don't know what shop).
Here's a pic when I had it. Jocko

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Hey Smitty, yep I bought that boat from a guy named Jerry Hoerl in Kansas City, Missouri. It was a great boat, however I never put any serious power in it and only ran a 3 blade prop on it for skiing. It has had some big power in it, (Shaun and my son Steve w/Cougar) raced several times at CFW.
The boat could have been in Arizona when it was new, since that is where it was originally rigged (don't know what shop).
yea it's moved a few times, that must have been the cover shawn had a little misshap with, ended up at the bottom of the after bay, maybe even his first time out with it, wasn't happy about that, will see what happens here, I think the boat needs big power, but thats just me:D If a guy just wanted to go 80 and cruise it probably get away with 500

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
Smitty,
You know it was pretty awesome to see Shaun and my son Steve line up at CFW Father's Day in 2007 as kind of the final "match race" of the night. Steve barely beat Shaun with Roy's BIG (unblown) motor. The point is, they were certainly running at least high 120's. I just wanted to point out that with a hurt (head gasket issues) blown 468 running wet logs and mufflers and a 3-blade prop the boat ran mid 90's. That boat with a fresh mild pump gas blower motor would run right on 100 mph, do it quietly (wet logs thru transom) and haul the wife and kids around for skiing, tubing, etc. and handle the rough water.
I sold the boat cuz I was pissed off at all the times I got towed in (ALL motor problems). I wish I had sorted out my motor issues and kept that boat, because it was the closest boat (v-drive) that I've ever owned that could truly 'do it all'. Good luck with the sale!
Dave

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
motor

thats where I'm at to with the motor deal, pretty burnt out, won't settle for mild
so it gets pricey, last deal the river rat pumps just weren't putting enough water through it and it got hot,so it came out again, but I hear you, can't beat a 21, and probably is very close to the best all around boats, may look for an out drive version, friends with outboards seem to run for ever, need to test some other boats

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Hey Smitty!! Good luck with the sale man, sure is a sweet ride at a great price!! :)devil

Travis

·
Boat Bling Distributor
1,163 Posts
You ever boat out at the res? I used to live up there and did the res thing as well as Navjo Dam Lake. Trout fishing is great and salmon snagging in winter is a hoot. I used to be a bouncer at the Top Deck too. No pay but lots of split uh I mean fringes!:)hand
O yeah Navajo is are home lake were about 30-45min from it. And your right great fishing. The Top Douche what a place ;)

·
small member
1,480 Posts
sweet looking:)devil engine cover.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts