Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a picture of the rubber roller set up of the front of there trailer for a 21' Eliminator Daytona. I don't like the way mine is set up and don't think it has enough support in the front. Any suggestions would be great. Thought about putting one of the small round cones in the center buy don't know if that would be better or not.

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'll try to get a picture of mine this evening. If I forget, you can speak badly of me to all your friends.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I don't even have a roller, just a floater bar on my 21.

The bunks go pretty far forward and the trailer is 2 x 6 box tubing.

Are you getting a lot of flex when you push down on the front of the boat while on the trailer?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Are you getting a lot of flex when you push down on the front of the boat while on the trailer?
The trailer is very solid. And maybe I am not getting a lot of flex but i can push down on the bow and make the boat move. Is this normal?

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
I have an aluminum trailer, and I have a shitload of flex. I'll try to take a pic tonight of my roller setup, which really helps the ride, but creates launch issues on steep ramps. I'll live with this before I ever go with a float bar setup.

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
Looks like the vee shaped roller that goes between the metal brackets is missing. Only the side rollers are there.

·
BTC cardcarrying member
1,942 Posts
That is Wet's boat.... mine has the same and I just made one for another 21 Daytona
He loves his
Only problem is on real steep ramps and it's not that big of a deal

I just float the boat on the trailer hook the winch up pull 1 / 2ft up done

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Donny, you did a hell of a job on this setup. I like it a lot. The only thing to remember is to loosen up the strap before the transom hits the water and allows some slack. Without it, the eye pulls down and acts like a fulcrum.

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts

Yup same here...just drop the float bar and it's out of the way...makes no difference how steep the ramp is.
Plus since it "floats" it automatically adjust when putting in/or taking it out > :)sphss

1 - 14 of 14 Posts