Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for 75-80 mph out of my bahner, i lost the motor that was in it and would like to hear some Ford only engine combos people are running and getting that speed out of a similar boat....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
To make a big boat like that do 75 you are looking to make 650+ hp, maybe more. Good luck having someone spec that combo out for free. Look up LakesOnly. He knows the Fords, and while I dont think he will give you a free combo, he can build a nice stout motor package for you.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Mines kinda the same thing and I don't think the hull will hold 80!!
The boat was not made to go that fast. IMO. But good luck!!!:)

·
Registered
716 Posts
Bahners were good hulls back in the day, actually it depended on the mood rod was in that day......:D...........ya thats a heavy boat to get that speed out of, but its very possible, mines a stock 460, with a tight dom pump, and im getting right at 60. Throw a shitload of money at it..............:D:D:D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bahners were good hulls back in the day, actually it depended on the mood rod was in that day......:D...........ya thats a heavy boat to get that speed out of, but its very possible, mines a stock 460, with a tight dom pump, and im getting right at 60. Throw a shitload of money at it..............:D:D:D
Maybe bad mood, Im picking it up tomarrow after new stringers, floor, bottom cracks fixed, and the bottom gel coated again, color sanding the boat and new throtle and steering cables....4700.00 later im looking at a engine combo 532 bbf 631 hp and 650 ft lbs...... i have a 12jc i need to upgrade to the split bowl and droop snoop, thats what im up against....

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Check with Sleeper CP he has had some good Ford combos!

·
Mighty Member
149 Posts
Maybe bad mood, Im picking it up tomarrow after new stringers, floor, bottom cracks fixed, and the bottom gel coated again, color sanding the boat and new throtle and steering cables....4700.00 later im looking at a engine combo 532 bbf 631 hp and 650 ft lbs...... i have a 12jc i need to upgrade to the split bowl and droop snoop, thats what im up against....
how much for that engine and where??

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
engine

I have had many engines built by these guys, ford performance soulitions....aka fps....and from carb to pan w/dist and dampner.....$ 7400.00

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
If its a heavy boat go overboard on the power. My 21 has 800 hp and im in the mid 80's...Not sure how heavy it is but it likes going fast. Just be careful and approach the faster speeds with caution.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Think OUTBOARD!!!
No thanks. You know why? Cuz from a dead stop or even a cruise I will walk away from you-no doubt about it. Maybe your outboard is more efficient on fuel, but my big block is way more fun. I can pack 5 people in my boat and still get on plane with no noticeable difference. I know for a fact that you cannot. Glad you like yours though, but until you've had a big hp jet, you just wont get it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just cant do it

thats cool you like your outboard but im a big block ford guy maybe if ford put a high winding small block in one, but thanks anyway.....

·
Registered
223 Posts
Think OUTBOARD!!!
Why do you come in here and stir up shit? This is the jet boat forum, and if you like your egg beater so much go to your own damn forum... I have seen 3 posts by you today bashin our shit.... STFU and GTFO. That big ass grey outboard really makes your boat look cool! I bet it makes great margarita's too :)hand

·
Registered
893 Posts
Bead, i remember when you had that for sale....................i love that boat !!
its still for sale ,:D isnt everything. not trying so much now that i sold the other 2 boats .I like to find a daytona or a shiada in my price range , but i havnt been able to find another $ 50.00 boat like this one

best $ 50.00 dollars i had ever spent

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts