Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm kicking around the idea of adding a new 750cfm carb, intake and ignition system on my 21' open bow Ultimate. Aside from knowing its heavy and definately not a performance hull; I'd like to know if anything will be gained by doing those add on's. I won't be cutting down the impeller or adding an inducer. I'm sure someone here has done it and like to know if it gained a few MPH. Aside from breathing better and better response, anything else to gain? Its either buying the carb and adding a few extra speakers. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would be good to know your existing setup before can make any comments on results of any upgrades.
I have a bone stone sportpac marine power 454 bbc. Dominator pump with A impeller. Droop and ride plate. Thanks

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
21 Ultimate

So I'm kicking around the idea of adding a new 750cfm carb, intake and ignition system on my 21' open bow Ultimate. Aside from knowing its heavy and definately not a performance hull; I'd like to know if anything will be gained by doing those add on's. I won't be cutting down the impeller or adding an inducer. I'm sure someone here has done it and like to know if it gained a few MPH. Aside from breathing better and better response, anything else to gain? Its either buying the carb and adding a few extra speakers. Thanks in advance.
The mods you have proposed are going to enhance the quickness and wil give you a slight gain in mph. Iwant you to check the right side bottom and see if there is a substancial hook on the bottom of the boat.It has been my experience
this boat has a lot of hook in the bottom especially on the right side.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The mods you have proposed are going to enhance the quickness and wil give you a slight gain in mph. Iwant you to check the right side bottom and see if there is a substancial hook on the bottom of the boat.It has been my experience
this boat has a lot of hook in the bottom especially on the right side.
thanks for expert opinion. i know its hard to say how much mph i would gain, but im shooting for 5-10mph with alittle extra fine tuning on the stock motor. aside from the bottom being uneven, i didnt see much of a hook. the flat keel doesn't help with much either im sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts