Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Az Desert Dweller
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1981 Schiada V-Drive:

This Schiada was built during Ron Spindler's ownership, it is a two owner boat, my parents were the first, my wife and I are the second, we have owned it the last 8 1/2 years.

The hull is 100% original, the interior seats are 100% original, the carpet was changed to the light gray color 5 years ago, the engine box/cover was custom made 5 years ago when the 420 Blower was installed.

The seating is setup for 6, which was requested by my parents back in the day due to us 4 kids. The two back jump seats are probably the most fun !!

This boat has ALWAYS been stored in a garage, and under a dust cover (comes with) when the tow cover was off.

Engine:

Blown 454 Chevy (stock bore) - B&M 420 (650-700 hp @ 8 1/2 Lbs Boost-includes spare pulley) with Intercooler.
Gen IV Block, Chevy Steel Crank, Chevy Steel Rods, 7 1/4 compression, Engle Blower Cam, Crane Gold Rockers, Twin 660 Holley's-Billet air cleaner, MSD Ignition, Chevy Steel Heads with Inconel & Stainless Valves (set up by Carson Brummett).

Original Turbo 400 Tranny set up by Art Carr, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Neutrel & Reverse, Polished tranny cooler.

Dan Olson polished oil cooler, external oil filter (large HP6).

Casale v-drive with 22 gears, water cooled, polished drive line cover.

Imco Powerflow Manifolds with polished stainless thru transom exhaust tubes (all under engine cover).

All lines throughout are steel braided. Polished sea strainer.

The original cavatation plates have been upgraded to the newer larger plates, with additional turnbuckles, all polished stainless. Electric trim actuator, steering wheel mounted.

Dual helm steering cables installed in 2005, The Real Red Morse Cables.

It will come with two stainless props, a two bladed Menkens 11 1/2 x 15, and a three bladed Menkens 11 1/4 x 15, both tuned for this boat. New strut bushings installed 2006.

It has a stereo system (quiet by todays standards !!).

Ellis Triple Axle trailer (disc brakes) built by Mike Livingston while he was still at Ellis in 2005, it has been in the water less than 12 times since built. The nose area of trailer has custom made carpeted floorboards (nice for launch & recover).

16" Centerline rims, with matching spare, Cooper "Z" Rated, 225/50R/16 tires.

Custom Canvas made a custom cover for towing in 2005.

This boat has always been cared for over the years and is still one of the nicest older 21's you will find !!

I am listing it for $37,500.00 (please no low ballers, a new bare hull cost 35k) I should further clairify that I am not entertaining any items of trade, but thanks.

Arizona boat registration good until Feb 2012.

Please pm me if you request any additional information, or additional pictures, I'll get some of the interior this weekend.

Thanks, Scott
http://s700.photobucket.com/albums/ww2/Harley5556/th_DSC01069.jpg
http://s700.photobucket.com/albums/ww2/Harley5556/th_DSC01062.jpg
http://s700.photobucket.com/albums/ww2/Harley5556/th_DSC01070.jpg
http://s700.photobucket.com/albums/ww2/Harley5556/th_DSC01065.jpg

·
Az Desert Dweller
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The picture date is correct, it looks exactly the same way today, 7-25-2009, I can take the same picture today and you will not be able to see any difference, except the boat has been in the water 11x since that picture.

Scott:D

·
Az Desert Dweller
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:D The pickup lines on the cav plates, they were upgraded to aircraft stainless fittings (new lines mfg by Aeroquip in 2008, just because), polished of course, so those pictured would be spares.:D

just fyi........:D

·
Az Desert Dweller
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:D N.T.R., does it matter what hp, you got that big 1100+ hp motor to drop in !!!!:D, I believe it is around 650-700 hp, it was built to last (hence the low compression motor & mild boost), runs a solid 80-85.

Scott

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.