Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
small member
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for peoples thoughts on which way i should go.
I have a 2000 22 daytona.(first year without the windshield) with a stock bravo drive and a 454 with an estimated 400hp.

I have a blower motor on a stand but from what i have read it will be around 3 to 4 grand per year to insure. Is this true?

So i have thought maybe go with a big ci motor that will tuck under the hood but still make some good power. Will this save money on the insurance?

Not looking to be the fastest just want to be up around 100.

Any suggestions. Thanks

·
Havasu & Anaheim Hills
361 Posts
Insurance will be based on top speed and that its a cat. It doesnt matter where you hide the engine, if it goes 100 it will cost you.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Who will know how big that 454 really is?;)
About 650-700 HP should net you just at 100 in the 22, with the right prop and drive height.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
What is the boat running now? My 03 ran 82 with a stock 425hp 496ho and a labbed 28 bravo. The drive was mounted through the rub rail on mine (very high).

·
small member
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks hullshot. That is what i was thinking. Whats your opinion on the drive. Can i make the bravo work with upgrades and if so do you have an idea on $ for the budget or upgrade drive. I think we spoke in the past about a drive you had. thanks

Placecraft
As for topspeed 74 with a 23 3 blade which i do not think was the best prop for it real slow out of the hole with a full boat.

Tried a 24 4 blade comes out of the hole alot better but i have not gpsed it with that prop yet. Pretty sure it is slower but better with the friends in the boat.

Want to try a 26 or a 26. Should i go with a 3 or 4 blade? Thanks

·
Registered
854 Posts
Thanks hullshot. That is what i was thinking. Whats your opinion on the drive. Can i make the bravo work with upgrades and if so do you have an idea on $ for the budget or upgrade drive. I think we spoke in the past about a drive you had. thanks

Placecraft
As for topspeed 74 with a 23 3 blade which i do not think was the best prop for it real slow out of the hole with a full boat.

Tried a 24 4 blade comes out of the hole alot better but i have not gpsed it with that prop yet. Pretty sure it is slower but better with the friends in the boat.

I have a 98' with a 502, bravo 1, 28p prop and I run 77-82 depending on how many people, how much gas and conditions... I'm thinking about a whipple this winter:)devil

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I would think a Bravo1 26 would be a good start. It should pull to redline on your hull. The 28 on my boat was the fastest on top end but, was a dog out of the hole.
By the way, the boat looks good in your avitar. How about a full size picture?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts

Placecraft

Send the drive off to Max Machine Worx (MMW) to have upgraded to XR ( or better) internals. Proper set up will be key to your boat's speed. Where is the prop shaft in relation to the bottom? If up grading your drive, now would be the time to get a shortie if needed. Does your boat already have full hydraulic steering? At 100mph, it's a must.

Darrell.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts