Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the outdrive world and working on restoring this Talon. Curious as to why there aren't too many of these around and wondering if there are others? Any input on the history would be appreciated. I know that Ted has the mold out of Canada but would like to get in touch with other owners. Here are a few pics and if anyone has experience with these I am curious as what to expect performance wise. Drive is set up with 1.25 gearing and a 454 Blower motor going in it.

Attachments

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
looks like a good start for a project boat! already has some high $ HARDWARE on it, shorty Imco lower, dual hyd. steering, steeper gears,etc
should be a tripple digit toy no prob!:)devil

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Joe bought the molds and rights from Gary back in '04 I'm pretty sure. Joe has built 22s as well as lots of 37s. That 22 is a pretty good boat. I had one w/ a single 300 Pro Max that went just over a hundred. Be careful of stuffing the sponsons, the boat will come apart. Where the hull and deck are joined at the front it is too small to get at, so there is not a good bond - Gary admitted that to me when I called him on it back in '01. I basically blew the deck and left sponson off mine when I stuffed a wake doing about 80.........

·
280 Profile Cat W/575sci
204 Posts
Colby that looks like a sweet project! I have a friend here in MI that has a 22...not very many IOs out there BTW. It equipped with a whipplecharged 502 and max machine drive. He hits 110 quite often with this setup. If you want me to put you in touch with him he will help you out.

·
the silver bullet!
1,996 Posts
The GOAL: To beat up on an all silver 26 DCB - ha ha. That is if you Delta boys ever come back down to the south east.
your gonna need a very big gas tank cuz we run till there dry!!!!!

as for us coming down there we do ,you assmunches have never even ventured away from your end of town!!!thats a invite and you don't even need a boat!!TUNNEL T

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
your gonna need a very big gas tank cuz we run till there dry!!!!!

as for us coming down there we do ,you assmunches have never even ventured away from your end of town!!!thats a invite and you don't even need a boat!!TUNNEL T
I hope that going up there is something we actually do this summer. With the economy the way it is I may have to stay at your place as long as I can and then move on over to Drew's place once your invitation is over extended - ha ha.

·
the silver bullet!
1,996 Posts
I hope that going up there is something we actually do this summer. With the economy the way it is I may have to stay at your place as long as I can and then move on over to Drew's place once your invitation is over extended - ha ha.
we'll all be living at drews !!!!!isn't any better on this end either!!TUNNEL T

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Living at Drews

It will be just like when we were in our youth living as bachelors except all the wives will probably have something to say about that expecially Drew's.

·
Northern CA DCB Sales
1,230 Posts
I just let Lisa know the master plan. I think it went over well, I'll get back to you when I get my new pad set up!:D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
In the shop

Well it is getting close to being done. All the work on the bottom is getting cleaned up and what a difference with people who know what they are doing. I think I might need to get rid of the depth finder.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 51 Posts