Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's another. We were parked and just getting on plane, when the other
boat came by us. It was an Ilmore V10 I believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w5D9UYi4zI

Cliff is just bumping 120mph now, I guess 120 is old news...

We're putting some Dana tabs on it to help bring the nose down, it seems to pack a lot of air and makes us nervous.

·
Havasu & Anaheim Hills
361 Posts
Funny, my wife is the same way, a boat comes up along side of us, and she starts yelling at me to go for it

·
PASO ROBLES CA
672 Posts
That is a bad ass sounding motor. I have 23MTR with a whipple 502 .Problems with control about 127mph SO I HEAR LOL Smothest riding boat out there.Let see some more pics plse

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is a bad ass sounding motor. I have 23MTR with a whipple 502 .Problems with control about 127mph SO I HEAR LOL Smothest riding boat out there.Let see some more pics plse
127! What's your motor specs, drive ratio and prop?:)coffee

·
PASO ROBLES CA
672 Posts
I wish note i said, SO I HEAR LOL. I got that info from the old boys who use to own Cougar in Canada.I have had mine for about 11yrs did alot of talking with them about set -up and as i recall they said encountered some ill handling above 127 so i believe them.Makes sense the 23 feels bigger than it is ,I love mine and it is one boat I will never sell . Unfortunetly I have not been out much since i put a new 502 ,had the whipple rebuilt from Dustin,upgraded the cam ,pushrods,screw in studs billet dist etc. I kept the stock efi. It also has imco exhaust ,a nose cone and spins a 30 bravo at 5400. to be cont. thanks greg

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Oh OK, I wonder what they used to reach 127? I had heard around 117 w/whackers...
Yes they are solid,well built boats, and large for a 23. Seems about equivalent to 25 Daytona.
This boat is a Merlin 540, 345 heads w/inconel, 12.5 lbs. intercooled boost w/420 screaming lol. Lightning 5" headers and Max Machine 1:24 drive. Seeing 6000-6100rpm. Accel DFI.
Has a porpoise around 30-35mph, otherwise OK at higher speeds.
Feels light in front above 100mph, hopefully the Dana tabs will help both
issues. They did make several changes to the bottom after this hull ('97).

·
PASO ROBLES CA
672 Posts
Mine is a 97 also . There is just not many around wish there were kinda puts you in a elite group so to speak. The biggest prob was thier marketing attitude IT BLEW BAD. When the new people took over i contacted them for a sales rep but i think i was ripped lol when i sent my e-mail lol sure looked like it after i re read it lol. Anyway good luck with your ride i am going this wknd ,suppose to be 100 or so at Naci

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In the process of mounting some big hydraulic dana tabs, we'll let you know how it works out...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts