Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1980 Glastron/Carlson Scimitar
Built in Anaheim, Ca. by Art Carlson. About 500 of the boats were made from 1980 to 1983, the last few were sold in 1984. About 300 of the 500 made were sold to dealers in seven different countries, leaving about 200 of them in the USA. and many of the ones sold since have also been shipped to other countries. This is a really nice boat, it's not show quality, to some peoples standards, but it was on display at the 2012 Oklahoma City boat show. the boat has 214 hours total time on the hour meter, it has all the original hardware, cassette / stereo, digital clock, 6 way electric drivers seat, windshield wiper, removable "T" Tops, all original interior, uphoulstry, seats, carpet, ash trays, drink holders, and everything works, the boat is sitting on it's original aluminum trailer, w/surge brakes, fresh tires, wheel bearings, and bunks, the boat is Lake Ready, runs 55 / 58 mph with the original 260hp Mercruiser small block Chevy and weighs in about 2,500 lbs and 3,350 with trailer, the boat is very aerodynamic and easy to tow with about 125lbs tongue weight. The floor structure, transom, and all the wood is solid as a rock, the gel coat finish is in good condition, but it does reveal some "spider" and and a few stress cracks in the gel coat, as most do, but hardly noticeable, there is not any damage to the hull at all.

Auction Ends Today Glastron Carlson Scimitar ((( (( LAKE READY )) ))) in Powerboats & Motorboats | eBay Motors

Link to pictures http://www.olered.com/Scimitar_For_Sale.html

Video when I first bought the boat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9Wxb8ql14I&list=UUtQBV22aaMEAj9c9NQaTIQA&index=33

No Games, No Trades, and No Free boat rides, but of course a serious buyer will get a free hands on demonstration.
my phone Four 0 5 - Eight 1 0 - Eight 0 four four in Oklahoma City

·
the real honcho
880 Posts
These boats are so bad ass. Fell in love with one at our local lake. Got home and googled the boat and realized they are rare. Wish I had some extra coin. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.