Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The510
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know of a good 24 hour vet in Havasu? I bought a house last year and am always worried about the dog getting bit, or stung late at night or early morning.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Nobody open 24 hrs that i know of, late night early morning is a good time to keep your pet in a place where it's not an issue i.e. in the house

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
I'm not in your area (Se-Pa) but last week I found out the importance of knowing where a 27/7 animal hospital is.

Out of no where and within a very few hours my dog went from being fine to profusely vomiting blood and bloody raspberry type diarrhea out her backside!

Turns out she had a bout of with life threatening infection called, HGE (she's home but still not in the clear)
If medical help isn't timely, they become severely dehydrated, their Red blood cell count goes up, the blood becomes too thick for the heart to pump and flow...then comes shock, coma and death.

Saturday @ 5am I rushed her to the local vet hospital...if I didn't know where a 24/7 animal hospital was or, there wasn't one within a reasonable distance, she would have died.

So yes, knowing where a 24/7 animal hospital is paramount.

BTW, you can try a local College/Hospital We have a top notch vet/hospital at our University Of Penn (Pennsylvania) (10 miles away but with lots of traffic signals) but that was further then the place I rushed my dog, which was some 5 miles away > and I ran through EVER Red-light getting there!

·
Registered
157 Posts
We had an issue with our French Bulldog on Sunday while we were out in Havasu. There is not a 24 hour vet hospital in Havasu. However, I called Paws & Claws Animal Care and their answering service paged the Dr. and she called me within 1-2 minutes and met me at the hospital in 25 minutes from the call. She took good care of us and she called me today in California to check on the dog. I would recommend this Vet to anyone! Here is their contact info: Paws & Claws Animal Care 2715 Maricopa Ave., Lake Havasu City, AZ 86406 (928)505-6369 They are in the south end of town off the 95 next to Terrible's and Premier Golf Carts.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
In case you take your dog out on the boat avoid the ca. side. Took my rott over there and 3 days later he had parvo. Good thing he was an adult, he drove right through it.

·
The510
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. She's an inside dog. Only let her out when I'm out. Thanks again. It's good to know that there are vets that can work after hours if needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
We had an issue with our French Bulldog on Sunday while we were out in Havasu. There is not a 24 hour vet hospital in Havasu. However, I called Paws & Claws Animal Care and their answering service paged the Dr. and she called me within 1-2 minutes and met me at the hospital in 25 minutes from the call. She took good care of us and she called me today in California to check on the dog. I would recommend this Vet to anyone! Here is their contact info: Paws & Claws Animal Care 2715 Maricopa Ave., Lake Havasu City, AZ 86406 (928)505-6369 They are in the south end of town off the 95 next to Terrible's and Premier Golf Carts.
Yup! Luna will come in for an emergency just call her number, use her shop all the time, reasonable prices, good work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts