Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a 25' eliminator daytona 2000 year. It has a 540 in it. Right now the boat has" power flow" manifolds that are closed cooling sytem style.they are polished aluminum that i want to take off and sell. The exhaust exits above the water line right next to the drive not under the swim steps like later years. I want. To put some type of header on the boat cmi lighting ecrmt. Do you guys have any pics of headers installed on this set up?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a 25 daytona (hp500) myself and my mechanic has dyno'd the Imco power flows vs. the cmi's and the powerflows showed more horsepower. FYI

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My power flows are for a closed cooling system which i don't have and there is a divider plate in my manifold one of them disintegrated in half. Do you guys take those out or run them becasuse they are removable. And every motor is diffrent and will respond diffrent to to different headers

·
Don Johnson
103 Posts
are these powerflows or powerflow plus? If powerflow plus they work as good or better then most tubular headers. I run them on my boat and dynoed them. They made slighly less, 10HP, then big tube dyno headers and my motors made 1,170 HP. I would simply replace the divider.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I belive they are just powerflows that's all they say on them. Whick i would prob gain hp by going to headers i think. I hate how they are for a closed cooling system its really not the right way and looks shitty. Ill take a pic when i get home tell me what they are. The are polished aluminum. And just say power flow on the sidey

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
where is the pic's? I'd like to see these "closed cooling system" Imco
Powerflows:D I have IMCO Powerflows on my boat, and they don't have
jumper hoses from the manifold to the riser like every other set I have seen. kinda wonderin' why:)bulb

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
but do you know the reason for the jumpers, and why some have them,
and others don't? I still don't know why mine don't have 'em!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lol yea lots of polishing! Do u have any other pics of your boat? Im right in the middle of re rigging my boat and rebuilding the motor. Give me alot of ideas. I want cmi headers just a little out of my price range after rebuilding the motor after i split mt crank in half lol oops. Does anyone elce have pics of a 25 daytona with lighting headers?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What year is your boat?see your boat has exhaust that kicks out under the swimming step. And did you put diamond plate. Walls up in the engine compartment? And what is that big tank on the side?

·
Registered
239 Posts
What year is your boat?see your boat has exhaust that kicks out under the swimming step. And did you put diamond plate. Walls up in the engine compartment? And what is that big tank on the side?
I'm guessing an alternate fuel source for the small top pulley!:D

Please do tell!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts