Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know what this boat is running (mph)? just saw it on the web, thing looks fast... I know this boat with a 525 runs mid 90's.. i figure with the 700 and an aggressive x and cleaver bolted on the back, this thing should freakin move.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
anybody know what this boat is running (mph)? just saw it on the web, thing looks fast... I know this boat with a 525 runs mid 90's.. i figure with the 700 and an aggressive x and cleaver bolted on the back, this thing should freakin move.....

The boat that you are referring to is actually a EU 662 SCI which is a combination between the 600 SCI and the 700 SCI with the NXT. It has some fairly restrictive mufflers and exhaust turn downs in order to meet the 74 db EU noise requirement for distribution in the European countries. The boat ran 104.2 as setup. Once it got to Norway, the turndowns were removed and the ECU was upgraded to one from Dustin at Whipple. The boat now runs 115 MPH on the limitter (5800) with 2 people and full of fuel and inline mufflers still in place. We are going to have to reprop now with the ECU upgrade but we have to wait for warm weather because it is freakin cold over there right now.

·
Because KAP said so...
273 Posts
The boat that you are referring to is actually a EU 662 SCI which is a combination between the 600 SCI and the 700 SCI with the NXT. It has some fairly restrictive mufflers and exhaust turn downs in order to meet the 74 db EU noise requirement for distribution in the European countries. The boat ran 104.2 as setup. Once it got to Norway, the turndowns were removed and the ECU was upgraded to one from Dustin at Whipple. The boat now runs 115 MPH on the limitter (5800) with 2 people and full of fuel and inline mufflers still in place. We are going to have to reprop now with the ECU upgrade but we have to wait for warm weather because it is freakin cold over there right now.
Good one dude, its a awsome boat...

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so you did the upgrade from dustin, did you do the stage 2 pulley and remap? I was trying to seek some info from someone whos done this in a single setup...

What hp is the boat at now and how many hours did you make the change at?

what prop setup are you currently running?

sorry for all the questions....

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
this is what i got so far, only ran the boat twice and both times it hits the rev limiter. it could definitely use more prop but i am waiting to see how much different it is in the summer with a boat load and some warmer weather...

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
so you did the upgrade from dustin, did you do the stage 2 pulley and remap? I was trying to seek some info from someone whos done this in a single setup...

What hp is the boat at now and how many hours did you make the change at?

what prop setup are you currently running?

sorry for all the questions....
We only did the ECU Stage 1 upgrade. No pulley. According to Dustin it is around 730 HP. If I remember correctly he said that the 700 does not really benefit much on the top end. The customer did the swap, but it only took 30 minutes. They absolutely could not believe the difference.

The prop is a 16x36 with 18 degrees of rake. It needed the 16" diameter to spin up. The 662 does not get any boost until 2200 RPM and with any larger diameter the prop would not slip up to 2200 within a reasonable timeframe. With the upgrade, the boost is allowed to come on earlier so a larger diameter would work much better.

100.5 is pretty impressive for yours. What did Dustin tell you that the Stage II kit would take your power to?

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
this is what i got so far, only ran the boat twice and both times it hits the rev limiter. it could definitely use more prop but i am waiting to see how much different it is in the summer with a boat load and some warmer weather...
If that is your max, you look to be over propped. Max rpm on the 700 is 5300 rpm. Summer heat and a boat load will really kill you.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Don’t mind the rpm reading on the dash, we goofed it up trying to change some settings. For this big of a boat and open bow setup believe me when I say it gets to 5200/5300 rpm's (whatever the max is) fast, the motor pulls hard but definitely hits the rev-limiter. The speed is accurate and yes we are pretty amazed that the thing hit a 100. But you know how that works, you always want more....

Dustin told me that I could do the stage 1 and be roughly around 775hp if I remember correctly and the stage 2 would put around 830hp conservatively speaking.

The motor is still under warranty so I am a bit hesitant to do any mods but if I decide to change my mind I will most likely go with stage 2 and see how she runs. For the money the upgrades are unbelievable and I have only heard good things about it. I had a 2002 25 Daytona with a 496ho with 407 hours on it before I sold it to grab the new boat. Not one motor problem not one drive failure with just regular maintenance. I know the 496 and the 700 are two different animals but my theory about the 496 survival, because believe me I didn’t baby the boat when she was on plane, was stock power!!!!!! There is nothing like turning the key and hearing her start…..

·
Registered
121 Posts
Have you seen their pricing on their website? :)
Until the end of Feb , $123,400 with options listed for the boat powered by the merc 700 and nxt drive. :)devil
Sure wish i could pull the trigger right now.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that price is amazing, never seen one of their boats but they sure do look cool on the web. if all is accurate about what they document in magazines these boats with that setup are a steal..... the 700 is an amazing setup!!!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
They say it will accept twin small blocks,which is pretty interesting to me. A couple of 450-500 HP small blocks should move it pretty good. :D

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
does the 700 in the redline have many hours on it? how about with the remap, how many hours has he ran it this way?

·
Registered
34 Posts
does the 700 in the redline have many hours on it? how about with the remap, how many hours has he ran it this way?
The 662 probably has 25 hours on it and only 5 or so with the remapped ECU. 7 of those hours were put on it here in the states getting it certified by merc and getting it to pass the noise certification for EU etc.

The remap on the 662, according to Dustin is really not much more then closing the bypass most of the time which Merc does at altitude and on hot days to compensate for HP losses, remapping of the fuel curve above the 5450 merc rev limitter, and he corrects a couple of low spots in the timing curve.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for all the info with the 662, if you get any videos of the boat running i would be very interested..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts