Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an unbelievable boat. It's a 2008 Revolution Performance marine(RPM) 26 Redline Cat. The boat was built this year with a TPI 848 efi and a Max Machine Worx all billet drive. The customer brought me the boat last week to have the 3.3 liter Whipple exchanged for a new 5 liter Whipple W305 efi. The boat easily exceeds 120 mph in the Summer heat with multiple passengers and gear(We did it yesterday:). It handles VERY nice IMO. Here is the video from Monday on Lake Havasu. Please note, the customer came all the way out here from Louisiana to check out our lakes and to have the work done. Pretty cool and a good guy:)devil

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2809944999945631996

·
28 Powerplay - HP500
1,399 Posts
I have loved this boat since I first saw it, and the fact you just made it a badder is incredible.:)devil:)devil

Is there another single engine 26 running harder out there?:D

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have loved this boat since I first saw it, and the fact you just made it a badder is incredible.:)devil:)devil

Is there another single engine 26 running harder out there?:D

I am sure someone has a 26 something with a 600 cubic inch alcolhol burning motor with an alpha drive that runs 155 mph. There is always that guy:) But for the most part, I would say this is a Very respectable speed, especially when you consider that the conditions are hot, humid and sticky, plus we had 3 adults and gear. Not exactly the best time to try and lay down a number. The boat will do much better with a light load, 5 more lbs of boost, race gas and alot more prop!!!! It can handle it IMO:)devil

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Spoke with owner, Jeff, today. One hell of a boat. I'm planning a trip from Texas over to his diggs near Baton Rouge, La to take a ride in this rocket. Also in talks with the boat manufacturer to see what they have to offer. Very nice boats from the pics and info I have gotten on them.

·
28 Powerplay - HP500
1,399 Posts
I am sure someone has a 26 something with a 600 cubic inch alcolhol burning motor with an alpha drive that runs 155 mph. There is always that guy:) But for the most part, I would say this is a Very respectable speed, especially when you consider that the conditions are hot, humid and sticky, plus we had 3 adults and gear. Not exactly the best time to try and lay down a number. The boat will do much better with a light load, 5 more lbs of boost, race gas and alot more prop!!!! It can handle it IMO:)devil
I'm thinking 130, and I believe that is what he had hoped when he posted on another site. That hull is super efficient, and it sounds like you guys weren't set up to top it out at all. What a job you and RPM have done on this.:D

I can't recall hearing of anything running over that, but maybe a DCB or Eliminator has?

·
28 Powerplay - HP500
1,399 Posts
Spoke with owner, Jeff, today. One hell of a boat. I'm planning a trip from Texas over to his diggs near Baton Rouge, La to take a ride in this rocket. Also in talks with the boat manufacturer to see what they have to offer. Very nice boats from the pics and info I have gotten on them.
If I could swing a new boat and cat insurance that would be my choice. They sent me some pics of one they have ready to finish (at least at beginning of the summer) that's red and black with similar graphics, and it looks like it will be killer too. Go for it.:)devil

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For todays times, the work that they do over at RPM is state of the art and their pricing is unreal IMO. I am going to call Steve over there and tell him to raise his prices. He is not charging enough. BTW, that boat will run 130. I guarantee it. We were running minimal boost on pump gas just as a baseline. It will live a long time the way that is is set up now, and if he wan'ts to put the screws to it,,,,,,,,,,,,,the motor can handle it as long as there is good gas in it.

·
28 Powerplay - HP500
1,399 Posts
For todays times, the work that they do over at RPM is state of the art and their pricing is unreal IMO. I am going to call Steve over there and tell him to raise his prices. He is not charging enough. BTW, that boat will run 130. I guarantee it. We were running minimal boost on pump gas just as a baseline. It will live a long time the way that is is set up now, and if he wan'ts to put the screws to it,,,,,,,,,,,,,the motor can handle it as long as there is good gas in it.

Hey man, if he can make a profit with some 'bama labor costs and his prices don't ruin it for everyone.:D:D Those boats are a killer deal for sure, and the best looking 26 as well.

I'm still hopeful to pull one off next spring, but unlikely. :)st

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
For todays times, the work that they do over at RPM is state of the art and their pricing is unreal IMO. I am going to call Steve over there and tell him to raise his prices. He is not charging enough.

Better not!!!!:D

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BTW, this boat did not make a squeak or a rattle when we drove it, just smooth and quiet. Pretty impressive. You have to love the size of the engine compartment,,,,,,,,,its huge! If I had one, that is where I would keep all of my tackle boxes and fishing poles. You could even put a live well in there to hold your fish. They thought of everything(for those that don't know, I like to fish out of my boat).

·
8anned
4,154 Posts
What was that noise right before the engine started? Prelube?

·
Because KAP said so...
273 Posts
How can you post a teaser video like that with out a quick glance to the speedo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How is this just got home from the river, myself, wife, and 3 friends, we hit 119, and 6200rpm, the wife was telling me to slow down, that is 5 adults 2 cases of miller lite bottels and a 12 pac of smirnoff and 8 bags of ice, spare prop and other crap women like to bring with them...very impressive:)devil...again Gary Jobe well done:D

Attachments

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wholly crap that thing is fast. At some point you guys are going to have to empty the boat out and see what it wants to do. Put the 36 on it, she will like 6000 better than 6200:),,,,,,,,,sounds like you could pull it. That is seriously amazing in the late Summer for a gas motor and 7.5 lbs of boost. Nice Job. BTW, I would post this under the conversion thread or your redline/848 thread,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,very cool Jeff. Steve has to be thrilled.

·
Wishin I was at the lake!
547 Posts
I'm thinking 130, and I believe that is what he had hoped when he posted on another site. That hull is super efficient, and it sounds like you guys weren't set up to top it out at all. What a job you and RPM have done on this.:D

I can't recall hearing of anything running over that, but maybe a DCB or Eliminator has?
Yes there have been a number of single engine cats that have run significantly faster than 130, Rockitman (26 Daytona) and Washed Ashore (F26) here on the boards are a couple that come to mind, along with Mark (can't remember his screen name) in the Stoker tunnel that ran above 140. Oh yeah there are/were some extremely fast HTMs too, including Steve's and Chuck's (both RIP). Sounds like this Redline has a fair bit left in it, not sure what the "record" is but they're all running hard! Hard to compare apples and apples when some guys might be running race gas vs pump gas, etc.

:cool:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts