Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New for 2010, Eliminator's 27' Speedster. Production to begin with 2 months.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Should be a sweet boat. Twin OB anyone?
My thoughts exactly!!!! Why don't we see to many twin OB eliminators? Seems like those of us that want twins OB's are pretty much stuck with DCB or skater (not a bad thing...)

--Jeff

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
looks pretty nice, should be a bitchen single motor set up. I definitly like the speedster look.

whats the next size that is in the works? a 30-ish?

MP

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Honestly, who are Bob and Dave building these new boats for anyways? With all the expense of tooling a new plug/mold for a new boat, I can't imagine there are enough new buyers to provide a return on their investment? And, with all of the great deals on beautiful used rigs for sale right now, who in their right mind would go lay down all the money for a new one? Not trying to put any bigger damper on the boat market than there already is, but I really just don't get it??? BTW - that new 27' is a nice looking boat.....great colors! ;)

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
Honestly, who are Bob and Dave building these new boats for anyways? With all the expense of tooling a new plug/mold for a new boat, I can't imagine there are enough new buyers to provide a return on their investment? And, with all of the great deals on beautiful used rigs for sale right now, who in their right mind would go lay down all the money for a new one? Not trying to put any bigger damper on the boat market than there already is, but I really just don't get it??? BTW - that new 27' is a nice looking boat.....great colors! ;)
Comment:

I am not an expert on Eliminator's line of boats but the 27 Daytona was offered in 2007 with two deck configurations one of which was a wrap around windshield the other a canopy type version.

Note: It appears to have the same bottom but I cannot confirm this as fact.

This model appears to be a wrap around windscreen model thus the tooling you speak of has already been done with this model on the bottom with some tooling on the deck.

Also the used market is not a factor for most buyer's. Why! well it is very hard to get financing on used boats---it is much easier on a new build albeit with bigger down payments being required than in the past but easier to accept rates on interest which are more manageable than the used market.

I have looked at a lot of used rigs and in the end building one from scratch is more attractive to ME than buying used and spending a ton to get it to where you want it.

Since were being honest I believe this version is a good idea as it fulfills the niche for the buyers looking for something smaller than a M31 but still have the big cat feel with wrap around windscreen. Kinda like the buyer who opts for a 30ft flat deck versus those opting for a 40ft flat deck;).

I like this boat and the 2 diminsional image/style flows nicely and is very attractive visually---put twin whackers on the back and you will have a fantastic platform which will appeal to many buyers---myself included.

Great idea Eliminator and please post photos of the build process so we can tag along during the build.

KAP

·
Registered
541 Posts
I agree, don't you have a Skater? :D:)devil

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
Boat sales figures are improving. November was positive in terms of increased sales and most of the indicators are improving. The Genmar sale looks like it's proceeding in the right direction, Fountain will probably survive but who knows who will own it in the end and Brunswick is also doing better. Long range vision and planning is the key to success but I must admit the depth of owners pocket is also a factor. But if you look at today you will lose tomorrow. You have to look long range or get out of the race. Good luck to all. The more manufactures the better for the consumer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well said! The idea here is that Eliminator comes out with a new product - ultimately eliminates competition of used single engine boats or corner the market. Eliminator already has a list of buyers / commitments for this boat - because it something new and is a proven single engine setup.

Comment:

I am not an expert on Eliminator's line of boats but the 27 Daytona was offered in 2007 with two deck configurations one of which was a wrap around windshield the other a canopy type version.

Note: It appears to have the same bottom but I cannot confirm this as fact.

This model appears to be a wrap around windscreen model thus the tooling you speak of has already been done with this model on the bottom with some tooling on the deck.

Also the used market is not a factor for most buyer's. Why! well it is very hard to get financing on used boats---it is much easier on a new build albeit with bigger down payments being required than in the past but easier to accept rates on interest which are more manageable than the used market.

I have looked at a lot of used rigs and in the end building one from scratch is more attractive to ME than buying used and spending a ton to get it to where you want it.

Since were being honest I believe this version is a good idea as it fulfills the niche for the buyers looking for something smaller than a M31 but still have the big cat feel with wrap around windscreen. Kinda like the buyer who opts for a 30ft flat deck versus those opting for a 40ft flat deck;).

I like this boat and the 2 diminsional image/style flows nicely and is very attractive visually---put twin whackers on the back and you will have a fantastic platform which will appeal to many buyers---myself included.

Great idea Eliminator and please post photos of the build process so we can tag along during the build.

KAP

·
Registered
4 Posts
By the way, just to confirm - The 27 Speedster will have the exact same windshield as the 28 Speedster. The bottom is going to be the same as the traditional 27 Daytona (2002). Eliminator plans to push aside the conventional twin windshield setup. The new offering will be the canopy or icc version and the speedster.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts