Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
DRIVE4SHOW-PUTT4$$$
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rumor Has It, The Farrelly Bros. Are Making A 3 Stooges Movie.

Rumored Cast Is :
Moe = Johnny Depp

Larry = Sean Penn

Curley = Kevin James

This Is Going To Be Some Funny Chit !!!!::D

·
....like warm apple pie
1,681 Posts
I DIG all those actors and Im a HUGE Stooges fan, but I'm with Westair....not sure it could be done. It would be tough to catch the true essence of the Stooges!!

If they do take a shot, good luck. I would love to be wrong on this. ;)

·
Stihl Kicking
415 Posts
don't think any actor or actors could pull off the stooges.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Can't be done!:|err

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
Moe = Johnny Depp
Larry = Sean Penn
Curley = Kevin James

Love the Stooges but no f'ing way could the the above choice of actors pull it off.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Moe = Johnny Depp
Larry = Sean Penn
Curley = Kevin James

Love the Stooges but no f'ing way could the the above choice of actors pull it off.

I cant picture it either. Their originality cant be touched.

·
On The Gas
1,428 Posts
I don't think so

I think it would be a flop to those of us who grew up with the original 3 stooges. Let's face it, a good day for me was when you came home from school for the 3 stooges hour and the sequence was Curly/Shemp/Curly. And then there were those days where there were actually 3 Curly's in a row. JACKPOT!!!

There was already a sad attempt to replace Curly with Joe. That didn't work and they were only replacing one of the 3. A modern day version might cater to the peeps that never saw them back in the day, but I would enter the theater with such skepticism that the movie probably wouldn't stand a chance. It was almost like a cult back then.

"PAGING DR. HOWARD, DR. FINE, DR. HOWARD"

"NIAGRA FALLS!!!!!!....................................SLOWLY WE TURNED..........."

You think I'm a fan? I can watch a 3 stooges marathon like no other.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I think it would be a flop to those of us who grew up with the original 3 stooges. Let's face it, a good day for me was when you came home from school for the 3 stooges hour and the sequence was Curly/Shemp/Curly. And then there were those days where there were actually 3 Curly's in a row. JACKPOT!!!

There was already a sad attempt to replace Curly with Joe. That didn't work and they were only replacing one of the 3. A modern day version might cater to the peeps that never saw them back in the day, but I would enter the theater with such skepticism that the movie probably wouldn't stand a chance. It was almost like a cult back then.

"PAGING DR. HOWARD, DR. FINE, DR. HOWARD"

"NIAGRA FALLS!!!!!!....................................SLOWLY WE TURNED..........."

You think I'm a fan? I can watch a 3 stooges marathon like no other.
Your showing your age:D. Me too!! I love watching them. HEY, I RESUMBLE THAT....Classic.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Moe = Johnny Depp
Larry = Sean Penn
Curley = Kevin James

I agree with everything everyone has said PLUS there is NO WAY IN HELL I would pay to see that POS LIBERAL PINKO COMMIE BASTARD Sean Penn anyway!

What a better place our society would be in if you could have a modern day Three Stooges, Abbot & Costello, Tim Conway/Harvey Korman etc! I think the closest we have now is watching Bill Dance Bloopers on You Tube!

The other issue is that modern day kids wouldnt enjoy the gags they did unless there was blood and guts involved!

Truly a sad state that our country is in nowadays!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I agree with everything everyone has said PLUS there is NO WAY IN HELL I would pay to see that POS LIBERAL PINKO COMMIE BASTARD Sean Penn anyway!

What a better place our society would be in if you could have a modern day Three Stooges, Abbot & Costello, Tim Conway/Harvey Korman!

The other issue is that modern day kids wouldnt enjoy the gags they did unless there was blood and guts involved!

Truly a sad state that our countries in nowadays!
Good call. I also have friends that are in their mid to late 40's playing the same games. They wonder why I dont come over more often to watch them play, and some of them play with their own kids. You should see the ballfields that go unused. Very sad.

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Hollywood is completely out of touch. No originality coming out of there, so they go to remakes. Apparently they don't remember the huge flop remake of The Honeymooners, with black actors. Nothing against the cast at all, but how can you replace Cramden?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Hollywood is completely out of touch. No originality coming out of there, so they go to remakes. Apparently they don't remember the huge flop remake of The Honeymooners, with black actors. Nothing against the cast at all, but how can you replace Cramden?
What is it about the old stuff? My dad use to watch them all, and you know what, I had no choice and it was ok. I still go to rerun tv and watch them sometimes and remember my dads laugh. Good stuff.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
kids these days don't know shit about the stooges
they don't have the memories that we have to look back on
we liked it then, maybe they'll like it now....

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Good call. I also have friends that are in their mid to late 40's playing the same games. They wonder why I dont come over more often to watch them play, and some of them play with their own kids. You should see the ballfields that go unused. Very sad.
I am 44 and disgusted what I see in some of my friends kids and even my own youngest brother (39). I was working on a plane one night and the cleaning crew started argueing who was better at Madden 2008 and they ended up placing a $100 bet with each other. I looked at them with disdain and they asked me what was up with the look? I said, when we were kids we played football with a football and not with our thumbs! When we were younger we played football in the street, baseball in the street etc.

Back to my brother, about 10-12 years ago I was at his house BSin with him and his kids were watching some cartoon(Southpark). I wasnt paying to much attention to it but anyway some kid in it gets cut in two with an ax with blood starts shooting everywhere. I yelled at him what the heck are you doing letting your kids watch that? He said, "Its only a cartoon!" I was so pissed I left! When I was 10 or 12 my parents wouldnt let me go see the Billy Jack Movies because they were too violent! Looking back, they would be considered suitable to 3-5 year olds now!

I wouldnt let ANY video game into my home if I had kids. Luckily, most of my close friends do not allow video games in their homes. Rodeo kids dont have too much time left in the day to play them anyway after doing all of their school work and chores (for those that dont know what those are anymore, those are jobs your kids are supposed to be doing around the house)!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I am 44 and disgusted what I see in some of my friends kids and even my own youngest brother (39). I was working on a plane one night and the cleaning crew started argueing who was better at Madden 2008 and they ended up placing a $100 bet with each other. I looked at them with disdain and they asked me what was up with the look? I said, when we were kids we played football with a football and not with our thumbs! When we were younger we played football in the street, baseball in the street etc.

Back to my brother, about 10-12 years ago I was at his house BSin with him and his kids were watching some cartoon(Southpark). I wasnt paying to much attention to it but anyway some kid in it gets cut in two with an ax with blood starts shooting everywhere. I yelled at him what the heck are you doing letting your kids watch that? He said, "Its only a cartoon!" I was so pissed I left! When I was 10 or 12 my parents wouldnt let me go see the Billy Jack Movies because they were too violent! Looking back, they would be considered suitable to 3-5 year olds now!

I wouldnt let ANY video game into my home if I had kids. Luckily, most of my close friends do not allow video games in their homes. Rodeo kids dont have too much time left in the day to play them anyway after doing all of their school work and chores (for those that dont know what those are anymore, those are jobs your kids are supposed to be doing around the house)!
I agree totally. I'am a single father to wonderful 10 yr old boy, and his mom bought him a wii for Christmas. He now brings it over on our days and weekends. I do let him play it and I play with him too, but were not playing it all day. Its just not gonna happen.

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
What is it about the old stuff? My dad use to watch them all, and you know what, I had no choice and it was ok. I still go to rerun tv and watch them sometimes and remember my dads laugh. Good stuff.

I was simply saying that you can't replace or remake the classics. I have nothing against them at all. Lucille Ball, Stooges, Little Rascals, on and on.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts