Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
I look at stuff like this in my "other work" all the time , disgusting , no brain no headaches there :mad:
i had to warranty a motor awhile back that a dick drove 25k miles since new and had never changed or checked the damn oil:mad: i was pisssssssssssed, but had to do it since he'd bought it from us(his dad had bought 20 vehicles in 5yrs). when i got done doin the replacement motor and test driving it, i told the kid i'd personally make sure his warranty was blocked if i didn't see him coming in for regular oil changes from then on. he did until it got over 36k.

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
I'm sure if it was a Toyota it would still be running strong. I had a dodge p/u never shanged (learning spanglish) the oil, had it for 4 years. Couldn't kill that slant six.

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
I'm sure if it was a Toyota it would still be running strong. I had a dodge p/u never shanged (learning spanglish) the oil, had it for 4 years. Couldn't kill that slant six.

As a Toyota tech, I can tell you they die just like all the others. Have a couple of good stories about people who changed their oil every 30k miles or so whether it needed it or not. :)

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Ok sooooo I bought a New 86' Dodge Colt Cheapy 1500 (mitsubishi) 4 spd for my other business , drove 5 days a week to San Jose , Fresno, Bakersfield , Thousand Oaks etc for 6 years average 90 k a year Never had the engine apart , 3 clutches, 2 starters and a coulpe CV axles a starter, batteries and a couple Alternator ! Quit driving it in late 92 at 455,000 miles (verifiable) Josh "mobbed" in it for a year in HS then we gave to a Girl who killed it (Wrecked) Whats the Secret Oil and filter Changes religiously every 2500 miles (about every two weeks on average) Never Got it hot and never ran it low on oil Tom :)coffee

PS a lot of front Brake Pads never did the rear shoes

·
Registered
720 Posts
I Bought a 1983 Toyota Tercel 11 years ago for $50.00 . I drove it for 9 years not thinking it would last. I never bothered changing oil or filter. It used about 1 qt of oil a year. I sold it for $50.00 to a guy that wanted to ice race it. When I sold it, it had 290,000 miles on it and still running strong. Same oil, same oil filter minus the paint on it as it had baked off or whatever. So...........my question is does changing oil & filter really make difference??;)

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
As a Toyota tech, I can tell you they die just like all the others. Have a couple of good stories about people who changed their oil every 30k miles or so whether it needed it or not. :)

The only thing that would kill a slant six is the lack of oil. The last year for the ols six was in 86. Afer that it went to a lopped of 318 v6, junk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts