Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bass Lake Dream'n
3,082 Posts
My nephew is a combat veteran after two tours in Iraq with the USMC. We've been talking about this since yesterday. I don't understand the logic of putting so many weapon systems (soldiers) in one helo. Seems if they were in smaller,faster helo's they'd stand a better chance. He said most of his squad thought that too. But what really got to me was when he said "uncle, they didn't even get to die a good death. None of us were afraid to die in combat, but none of us wanted to die like that. There's no honor in it. I figured if I died trading bullets or punches then I could say I died like a Marine should die." Makes me sick to think if all those men had the same attitude, how disappointed they must be.
I hope they know that I think they died with honor.

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
My nephew is a combat veteran after two tours in Iraq with the USMC. We've been talking about this since yesterday. I don't understand the logic of putting so many weapon systems (soldiers) in one helo. Seems if they were in smaller,faster helo's they'd stand a better chance. He said most of his squad thought that too. But what really got to me was when he said "uncle, they didn't even get to die a good death. None of us were afraid to die in combat, but none of us wanted to die like that. There's no honor in it. I figured if I died trading bullets or punches then I could say I died like a Marine should die." Makes me sick to think if all those men had the same attitude, how disappointed they must be.
I hope they know that I think they died with honor.
I agree on the asset package...though we were in blackhawks we spread all the packages across serveral birds just for that reason.....like to see what the investigation bares out..............sad day in history for my brothers in arms!

·
Boatless Member :(
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One of the things I cant figure out either, why all in one helo. It doesnt make any sence. We always took multiple birds. Even when we were doing a QRP we split it up. This whole thing just sucks.
Yeah I don't get it either. It's most annoying to me because of the use of Chinooks in combat. We've had a history of massive casualties and injuries in the last decade from Chinooks going down. It's a big target when taking off and carries way to many men.

Pretty much been in the defense industry from birth. I can't serve, but I'm still in the industry and know the history and evolution of weaponry well.

All I can think of is some paper pushing general who's never seen combat mandating the use of this crap to save costs at some point. Where I'm not sure.

I really hope this gets some review. Using Chinooks and/or Osprey's (when fielded) in or out of a combat zone should be banned in my opinion.

Seems most were from Seal Team 6. The conspiracy theorist are going to have a hay day.

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
Ok were not all Dumb Azz Citizens:

Lets see all the SEAL Team members who were part of the raid on Osama Bin Laden are in one Helo....Probably ordered to participate in some sort of alleged raid. To have 38 US and Afghan assets on one HELO yeah right!

1. It gets shot down by and ALLEGED RPG fired by a Taliban insurgent. Everyone is dead!

2. No one has ever seen Osama Bin Laden dead.

3. Osama Bin Laden was quickly buried at sea.

4. Today the newspaper reports the Taliban person who fired the rocket was killed by F-16 Airstrike.

5. They know the Taliban person killed was the one who fired rocket. How do they know this...f'ing took them years to find Bin Laden and they find one dude in days....gimme a break.

Bottom line any witness to the killing of Osama Bin Laden is now either dead or has no personal knowledge of the acts. The Mafia needs to take notes our government has got it down pat no witnesses no questions.

Really does the government think I am that flipping stupid to believe all this bullshit. It's not conspiracy theory it simply does not add up. If someone claims it does they are either stupid or need to run the FED because they are a genius with numbers and will solve the debt crisis/credit rating in days.

KAP

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ok were not all Dumb Azz Citizens:

Lets see all the SEAL Team members who were part of the raid on Osama Bin Laden are in one Helo....Probably ordered to participate in some sort of alleged raid. To have 38 US and Afghan assets on one HELO yeah right!

1. It gets shot down by and ALLEGED RPG fired by a Taliban insurgent. Everyone is dead!

2. No one has ever seen Osama Bin Laden dead.

3. Osama Bin Laden was quickly buried at sea.

4. Today the newspaper reports the Taliban person who fired the rocket was killed by F-16 Airstrike.

5. They know the Taliban person killed was the one who fired rocket. How do they know this...f'ing took them years to find Bin Laden and they find one dude in days....gimme a break.

Bottom line any witness to the killing of Osama Bin Laden is now either dead or has no personal knowledge of the acts. The Mafia needs to take notes our government has got it down pat no witnesses no questions.

Really does the government think I am that flipping stupid to believe all this bullshit. It's not conspiracy theory it simply does not add up. If someone claims it does they are either stupid or need to run the FED because they are a genius with numbers and will solve the debt crisis/credit rating in days.

KAP
Ya a lot of this stuff isn't adding up that's for sure. Let's say your train of thought is right. Not everyone involved with the Bin Laden mission was on that Helo that went down. Not the same Task Force 160 Pilots. If I was involved with the Bin Laden mission Id be watching my back right now.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
Ya a lot of this stuff isn't adding up that's for sure. Let's say your train of thought is right. Not everyone involved with the Bin Laden mission was on that Helo that went down. Not the same Task Force 160 Pilots. If I was involved with the Bin Laden mission Id be watching my back right now.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
Comment:

You damn right... I would be watching my back. I put nothing past the government even killing American soldiers in the interest of alleged "National Security". I may be cynical in my older years but nothing surprises me anymore in the scheme of greed and global agendas.

If you recall the CIA was selling confiscated cocaine through the Crip and Blood distribution centers and using the money to buy guns and weapons for the Contra's. Then all of a sudden the Crips and Bloods have an alleged gang feud wherein the controlling gang members were eliminated by CIA operatives who made it look like a gang dispute. Forgive me if I am wrong but if it smells like bullshit... it usually is.

KAP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts