Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
On The Gas
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about taking a serious look at this boat. It is located in Missouri. Anybody on the boards own one? Pros & Cons? Is it their own original hull design or did they splash someone else's? What do you think she's worth in today's market? I already know its underpowered but it could get re-powered at the right price. (It is located in Missouri) They are asking $86,900 for it.

'06 30' Liberator Cat 496 Bravo 1X Superclean!

Nice low hour 30' Liberator Cat powered by a single 496 Bravo.

The boat is very quick and solid. Handles the rough stuff at LOTO with ease!
Ride is smooth and stable!

Some features;

Mercruiser 496,
Bravo 1X
Bravo 4 blade 26 prop,
Custom Hatch,
Black Billet Hardware,
Beede Gauges,
Drive Shower,
Custom Graphics, new graphics not pictured, (vinyl, not permanent),
Custom Trailer,
Freshwater use only,

·
Islander Moho Trash
2,119 Posts
Paging WILDMAN...

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
86K seems high for that boat, especially if you plan on having it repowered.. Talk to Wildman he can get you sorted on the Liberator front. Especially if your talking about that much money. If he can't, there's a lot better boats out there then that for the scratch.

RD

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Wildman is on screamandfly and normally has some new and used listed. I personally know the guy (David Adams) that builds these in Crowley Texas. Like most everyone else, he has scaled back on operations at the moment. I see a lot of his boats and have no complaints.

·
Nordic 35' Flame
529 Posts
It is a center pod boat that is WAY underpowered and WAY overpriced in today's market. I don't know what the "New Graphics" are but the checkers are WAY outdated and the black billet hardware and that wonderful looking black plastic throttle/shifter just make this boat so attractive.:D

For the $$$ you are looking to spend, keep looking. There are some great deals out there and I'm sorry to say that this isn't one of them. Just my opinion $0.02;)

·
On The Gas
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies. I totally agree that 86k is way of the mark for price. The boat is listed on a different website (wholesale) for less money. I already knew it was way overpriced but here is what I was looking for:

1. What would be a good price for this boat to re-power and what would be a flat out steal?

2. Are there any serious hull performance issues that would make this a bad purchase at any price?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I totally agree that 86k is way of the mark for price. The boat is listed on a different website (wholesale) for less money. I already knew it was way overpriced but here is what I was looking for:

1. What would be a good price for this boat to re-power and what would be a flat out steal?

2. Are there any serious hull performance issues that would make this a bad purchase at any price?

Thanks again.
it would be a great deal for mid 50's with twin outboards...
no issues with the hull design---especially if you like to go fast :D

·
Registered
435 Posts
The 30ft Liberators are a great boat ,heaps of room ,deep tunnel ,under deck cabin etc ,There is a real nice 25 Liberator on their web site with twin 250xs .For my 2cents worth once you get to 25ft ish+ i prefer the feel of a twin motor set up ,that Conquest is real nice for what it is and a great deal .I have owned a 28 and 2x 30ft Skaters when things improve im going to a Nordic,MTI, or maybe a Liberator ,they are more social friendly and still haul the mail .;)

·
Member In Training
1,985 Posts
This boat is a twin outboard boat, move on .....

·
Banned
1,019 Posts

·
"SELF MADE" broke dick
1,006 Posts

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
:))THumbsUp:D:D

You guys just made my Christmas list.
I've seen lots of tests of Conquest cats and I don't remember one negative thing said about any of them. I do think it's time they stepped up in size though, build a 30'+ twin.

·
Registered
953 Posts
For the size I would stick with a west coast cat due to resale alone...the Conquest cat is a much better deal with merc blue power..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts