Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
NICE:)devil Is it normal to get wood every time I see a nice boat....? or pretty much any boat come to think of it:D

·
Member In Training
1,985 Posts
WOW !!!!!

I am not an outboard guy per say, but I could be with that rig.... :D

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
That is a beautiful boat! :))THumbsUp All rigged out and on a trailer, it had to set the new owner back more than $200k. The OB version makes a great recreation boat. A friend of mine had the standard deck version w/ 300XS's on it and it ran a best of 104. As for those 400 hp motors....... I keep hearing all these stories, but I've never heard of anyone running any big numbers with the XS motors. The 300X is still the faster motor - no matter what you do to the XS. Though I'd rather have the XS to save half the fuel! Awesome rig and I hope he posts on here so we hear how it runs! :)hand

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
This boat is the boat going to the Miami boat show as one of Skater's in-water show boats. These motors are supposedly some brand new Mercury motors rumored to be around 400 horsepower. It all sounds too good to be true! I know that when I ordered my 30 Skater (#1) back in April of '04, Mercury was heavily rumored to be coming out with a new 400 horsepower outboard motor. Stepping up from my 28 with 300s, my original intent was to build my 30 as another outboard boat with these new 400 hp motors. However, when these rumored 400 hp motors never appeared, I decided to go with the Sterling/Arneson setup. If these really are 400 hp motors and they've kept the weight down in the current XS range of 500+ pounds, this boat will be AWESOME! I'm guessing it should run a best of around 120 mph with a solid 90 - 100 mph cruise. Great, great boat! :) BTW - after talking to Rik, it is verified that this boat on a trailer is well into the $200k+ range. You get what you pay for! :)hand

·
Member In Training
1,985 Posts
That is a beautiful boat! :))THumbsUp All rigged out and on a trailer, it had to set the new owner back more than $200k. The OB version makes a great recreation boat. A friend of mine had the standard deck version w/ 300XS's on it and it ran a best of 104. As for those 400 hp motors....... I keep hearing all these stories, but I've never heard of anyone running any big numbers with the XS motors. The 300X is still the faster motor - no matter what you do to the XS. Though I'd rather have the XS to save half the fuel! Awesome rig and I hope he posts on here so we hear how it runs! :)hand
I would take this boat at say +/- $275k any and every day over either the 28' Eliminator Speedster ($451K) and any of the 31' and under DCB's, I'm just sayin'.... :D
In fact, I am calling Skater to confirm pricing as I may just order up one of these...

·
6,873 Posts
I would take this boat at say +/- $275k any and every day over either the 28' Eliminator Speedster ($451K) and any of the 31' and under DCB's, I'm just sayin'.... :D
In fact, I am calling Skater to confirm pricing as I may just order up one of these...
Not sure of the REAL OUT THE DOOR PRICE.... but list is gonna be easliy into the 300K PLUS range.....
they want 250K plus for a non windshield 28 and unpainted....

It is a gorgeous boat no doubt about that

·
Registered
435 Posts
As much as i love Skaters and a previous multiple owner , they are a pretty basic boat IMO , i sold my last 30 a little while ago and havent jumped back into another bigger boat yet??.

·
Member In Training
1,985 Posts
Not when I called.
AND................ ?!?

sent an e-mail (w/picture) inquiry about the price of a similarly equipped boat, guess we will see what the response is.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I don't know who, nor what anyone was quoted at "List" price as this is an irrelevant number.

All anyone needs to be concerned with is the "SALES PRICE" and by all means call me or email me and I can give you the sales price of any of the Skaters in any configuration from small to large with I/O's to O/B's.

The "Sales Price" all depends how the boat is equipped and painted.

·
6,873 Posts
I don't know who, nor what anyone was quoted at "List" price as this is an irrelevant number.

All anyone needs to be concerned with is the "SALES PRICE" and by all means call me or email me and I can give you the sales price of any of the Skaters in any configuration from small to large with I/O's to O/B's.

The "Sales Price" all depends how the boat is equipped and painted.

ok WHATS THE PRICE OF THAT BOAT IN THE PIC POSTED

·
6,873 Posts

actually it is very RELEVANT. there are people who due walk in and pay that

·
Member In Training
1,985 Posts

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
For anyone seriously interested in pricing a new Skater, PM Rik or give him a call at 415-485-0788. He's probably sold more Skaters over the past 20 years than most flooring dealers. I purchased mine through him and I guarantee you will not get a better deal through ANYONE else - period. Plus, he's an absolute straight shooter - no B.S.! He's all about customer service, not makin' a quick buck. Not to mention that he has a longstanding friendship with Pete and can get things done at the factory that other dealers sometimes can't. :D

1 - 20 of 81 Posts