·
Registered
388 Posts
i'M LOOK'N AT A 30' SPECTRE, blown big blocks
do they hop bad?? , I seen one leave the sand bar
one day, it hopped all the way out of sight

has anyone put a sponson tab on one?

any one know the good....bad of these?

Its probably going to "lope" at low speed and any speed if over trimmed. The "lope" usually goes away with chop or putting the center tab down some. Does the boat have no tab or the large fixed fiberglass tab?

·
Registered
912 Posts
I have been in Dan's boat (Andy01's ^^^) old boat a few times with the OBs on it and I didn't notice much hop at all.

Honestly, the hop in any cat has never bothered me. Just drive right through it. Our last boat would hop once or twice and that was it. It usually only hopped if it was glassy anyways.

The 30 Spectre is an awesome boat. Nice lines, clean big cockpit and should handle anything you can throw at it.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Did Spectra make a 30'?

:)sphss
Back in the Spectra days a 30 footer was on the drafting table. There was 18 , 19 , 20 , 24 and 32' model lineup .The 30 didn't make it.

BTW , the 30 Spectre bounces pretty good in REAL 2' chop.

·
"BOUGHT NOT BUILT"
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have been in Dan's boat (Andy01's ^^^) old boat a few times with the OBs on it and I didn't notice much hop at all.

Honestly, the hop in any cat has never bothered me. Just drive right through it. Our last boat would hop once or twice and that was it. It usually only hopped if it was glassy anyways.

The 30 Spectre is an awesome boat. Nice lines, clean big cockpit and should handle anything you can throw at it.
how'd it do in the mead waves

·
1,278 Posts
?

What hop ???This boat loves big water....Mine only hops around 60-70 in smooth water, then it's gone. If you have any chop at all , i never feel it, if its good size water just hold on.....

·
"BOUGHT NOT BUILT"
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What hop ???This boat loves big water....Mine only hops around 60-70 in smooth water, then it's gone. If you have any chop at all , i never feel it, if its good size water just hold on.....
I've seen your boat run, from the side and from behind....LOL

didn't notice the hop the the twin big blocks have

·
It is what it is
2,650 Posts
I've seen your boat run, from the side and from behind....LOL

didn't notice the hop the the twin big blocks have
Here we go............ I guess I should have let you beat me to the Springs and back.:D Planning on putting a hurt on me next season? :)bulb

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
You wouldnt feel Mead chop in this.
Just when you say that, that ol bitch Lake Mead will whoop your a$$. I've been on Mead with 12-15 footers...2 flags, 45mph with gusts to 65. Went out 3 miles in my 30' Scarab and put it back on the trailer. A boat ride ain't worth dying for. That was Memorial weekend 2006. I think 6 or 8 did die that weekend on Mead.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Just when you say that, that ol bitch Lake Mead will whoop your a$$. I've been on Mead with 12-15 footers...2 flags, 45mph with gusts to 65. Went out 3 miles in my 30' Scarab and put it back on the trailer. A boat ride ain't worth dying for. That was Memorial weekend 2006. I think 6 or 8 did die that weekend on Mead.

LOL. ya that lake, just like Mohave will turn on you in seconds!

Regardless this is a very clean for the boat, I doubt he would be disapointed in the qaulity and cleanliness of this boat. Don hardly drives it, he just rubs this thing with a diaper. It would keep 2forcefull busy for a couple of months. :D

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
BTW , the 30 Spectre bounces pretty good in REAL 2' chop.
The only time mine hopped, granted it was the O/B's was when it was flat... It ate anything from 1' on up and never missed a beat...

how'd it do in the mead waves
Brought mine back from Catalina one afternoon on a 4th of July weekend in honest 8'-10's and did OK. I'm not going to say that it was my favorite day on the water, but the first few miles were fun... :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts