Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is looking to get a 38' awesome cat from the east coast.
anyone know anything about these boats? it has 3 275 hp outboards on it right now but he is thinking of selling these and putting on 3 350's.

any comments about the boat and motor combo ???

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
A friend of mine is looking to get a 38' awesome cat from the east coast.
anyone know anything about these boats? it has 3 275 hp outboards on it right now but he is thinking of selling these and putting on 3 350's.

any comments about the boat and motor combo ???

Awesome cats are very heavy, with those motors it might top out at 60 mph.

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
Awesome cats are very heavy, with those motors it might top out at 60 mph.
for a 38 it seems a little light in the power department
There used to be one at Pleasant on a regular basis with somewhere in the 1,000HP range on each side and #5 drives and it wasn't blistering fast. I think 60 would be a stretch with those outboards as those boats are definately well built, and heavy. ;)

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
As a second thought, I'd bet you couldn't keep those motors in one piece pushing that monster around.

I'll bet it has real low hours.

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
The one at pleasant was a friends and i think it was running 120s to 130s
I was thinking it was in the 120 range and I do know she had some healthy blowers pushing it. Definately not a stripped down light layup race boat by any stretch.

·
Nordic 35' Flame
529 Posts
check out the Awesome owners forum at OSO (off shore only .com) and find out more about the boats...I heard that a couple of 38's had the transom break apart, but thats just the word on the street. ;)

I am sure it's the yellow one "WarCat" I think was the name, that's the only one I know that had trips on it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
There was something on the outboard forums about cats not doing very well with triple outboards in comparison to twin big blocks or one really big i/o motor. Idk what the conversion process would be but to me it seems like it would be easier to seal smaller holes and then cut new ones for the outdrives but i that possible or will you risk putting too much stress on the transom. Just wondering

·
Will work for Boat
790 Posts
Not sure about the boats...but for most products, if it has "awesome" in the name, then it usually isn't :)sphss

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
chico
yea it is the warcat. can you tell me anything about the boat?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts