Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Displaced Azian
783 Posts
It's scheduled to start at 10:00 am tomorrow. I plan on going down and taking some pics of it.

The reported cost of this "experiment" is at $8 million in lost revenue due to the fact the water through the bypass tubes doesn't generate electricity. It's also been reported that the US Fish and Wildlife Department is against this because the "flush" that is expected to help the endangered species of fish actually washing the fingerlings downriver and they die, thereby negating the main purpose of the flush.

It's all smoke and mirrors to make the enviroweenies happy.

·
Displaced Azian
783 Posts
So what lake, or bodies of water will rise from this? Or will it even be noticed?

Andy
There will be a short term rise in the level of Lake Mead. Overall, it means nothing as far as level increases downstream due to the fact that the total amount released over the year will not change. They will just lower the releases at a later date to compensate for the discharge.

·
HELL OF A GUY
3,137 Posts
should drop powell 3',60 hours full dump,2 gates in the morning the other 2 in the afternoon,GET THIS! WE CAN NOT WATCH IT HAPPEN FROM THE BRIGE OR FROM THE INSIDE SHOW ROOM AND NO PARKING AROUND THE DAM!"FOCKERS!don/my wife will be about 3/4 mile away only the big shots can watch up close(they don't want any of them SHOT? "WTF"thats what they told my wife.starts @10am tomorrow

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Here's the part I don’t get:

Before the dam when there were floods millions of tons of sediment moved through the canyon and down river making new beaches, carrying nutrients etc..... The flood today seems more harmful or at least fruitless as it is a just a big fresh water scouring of the canyon.

·
HELL OF A GUY
3,137 Posts
they say it will come up 60-70' this spring and guaranteeeee the cut will open by 1st?of june,we will see,still 3' of water isn't that much at powell

1 - 20 of 39 Posts