Performance Boats Forum banner

$4.99 diesel today in Riverside...

3K views 62 replies 34 participants last post by  HammerDown 
#1 ·
I see $6.00 in a few months... anyone else?:mad:

This post has been deleted
#22 ·
But of course all the diesel owners were raving about their trucks until lately.

Besides they get like 25mpg so thats really like 12.00 per gallon of regular right?

I have been lucky to only put about 500 miles(local or commuting) on my 2500hd since jan.besides the 3 trips i took to glamis and 1 to rasor rd to go riding.Its a gasser but been leaving from home for work or coming straight home if i am close and usuing my work truck instead.

#28 ·
I heard this on the way home from work tonight. I hope it is wrong. The person doing the story was supposedly knowledgable about gas prices. His comment was that gasoline would go to $12 to $15 bucks a gallon in the next few years. Something about the energy companies were way too strong and technology was way too far behind to make much difference. And after that, he said rationing would soon follow.

Bummer :mad:

#34 ·
My wife keeps telling me to get rid of hd 2500...I keep telling her it not worth $hit so why sell it. I've been trying to figure out when it pencils to buy a cheap economy suv for work and keep the truck at home.... 20,000 to 25,000 buys alot of diesel. Than you have the extra ins. and upkeep:)sphss Not sure it will ever pencil:)devil

#39 ·
Honestly it's already drawn for me.:)

My sports car is gonna go the way of a economy car as soon as I find a sell/trade deal that makes economic sence. It's not that I can't pay it. I just don't want to spend that extra 150-250 a month on gas.(mostly principal:)devil)

Our 5.3 Silverado actually does pretty well. I can see trying to trade that in on a 09 5.3 silverado when they start putting the 6 speed in the 1/2 tons. I realisticly think that truck will see 21+ mpg with the AFM on the freeway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.