Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a rare 1965 4 bolt 425 hp SHP 060 block that i stumbled on trying to build a motor for my jetboat. I did not know what it was till the machine shop told me........casting #3855962 I did my research and found out it original.... So im asking $2,000. It is in the machine shop getting new cam bearings tanked and honed, then i will have pics I have seen this block go as high as $3,500 on another site. And yes a Block, i still cant believe it.......... This is a good block for that chevelle, camaro, or vette you are trying to restore

2sav

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I think your price might be out of line. If it was a virgin bore I think you'd be in the neighborhood but with a block that was not in good hands its whole life its a crapshoot. People that know take those blocks know what they have and either store them or put them in a gold class restoration, not in a 72 chevy truck. If you had the correct crank & rods heads & intake it would be worth a lot more.

You'd have the best luck on one of the muscle car sites as those are the only people its worth any money to. Have it sonic checked though. If there hasn't been any core shift or bad machining you will get more than a standard block. Good for early chevelles into 66, biscaynes, bel airs, imaplas with the 375 or 425 horse deal. No camaros though.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the input guy's but my price is not out of line atleast not from the dealer i talked to ,its way under... that link above he has his block(same as mine) listed for $3,500 Im only asking $2,000 Granted i didnt pay that much just for the block but its about time it turned into my favor...... Im not expecting to sell this here or on any other boating site but it is free advertisement........ and i do have it listed with some Chevelle and Vette site's and when it comes back from the shop............EBAY.....This is one of those things that will be put in a corner and forgotten about till someone say's ill take it..IM in NO hurry.

Thanks again for you'r opinions and info..

2sav

1 - 8 of 8 Posts