Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How close are the pitch between a 4 blade bravo 1 and a 6 blade Hering bravo style prop,if both are 34 pitch?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Pitch is Pitch

If they are both 34's then they are 34's. What's your question??? Like I said, PITCH is PITCH. Performance is what most are looking at. Rake has an effect. Diameter has and effect. Area has an effect.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If they are both 34's then they are 34's. What's your question??? Like I said, PITCH is PITCH. Performance is what most are looking at. Rake has an effect. Diameter has and effect. Area has an effect.
I guess I should have asked the question differently,how much RPM loss is there with a B1 verses a Hering 6 blade?

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
the Herring should hook up more on the big end, (less slip more efficient), than the bravo prop. It will also put more load on the drive at mid and upper rpms. yes pitch is pitch but being more efficient is the gain. rpm variation depends on motor? more bite on the prop will drag a motor down some..

·
Platinum Member
2,014 Posts
I would PM Ron Hill

Ron, is one very smart prop man!!! with lots of racing experience :))THumbsUp

Give him all your specs i.e. boat hull ,motor and HP, drive height.

And he will nail it.

Ron Hill, also has the web site boatracingfacts.com

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
How there is a guy that knows propellers, Give em hell Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts