Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of adding a Signature Sl Five 30 Pitch Bravo 1 Ssteel 5 Blade Prop.
Currently with a 502 merc, I run a 4 blade 24 pitch bravo 1 prop. It Tops out at 67mph at 5000 rpm
Have no problem getting on plain in about 4 seconds (I'm guessing)

Any advice? I'm trying for a faster top end speed to keep up w a buddy better. He does more like 75mph top end.

· Registered
12 Posts
5 blade will get you on plane faster, but you will lose a little top end. 3 blade would be the fastest, but you lose getting on plane quickly. If you are serious about the 5 blade you will have to drop your pitch, 30 will be too much. You will probably need 22 pitch. Talk with BBlade or Hydromotive both will steer you correctly. I had Hydomotive steer me to a prop years ago and told me it would give me 3 MPH more and it actually gave me 4 MPH more!

· Registered
1 Posts
Thinking of adding a Signature Sl Five 30 Pitch Bravo 1 Ssteel 5 Blade Prop.
Currently with a 502 merc, I run a 4 blade 24 pitch bravo 1 prop. It Tops out at 67mph at 5000 rpm
Have no problem getting on plain in about 4 seconds (I'm guessing)

Any advice? I'm trying for a faster top end speed to keep up w a buddy better. He does more like 75mph top end.
I would reach out to Spinelli Bothers.
Had them just build me a new custom set of STAR4 propellers and picked up 5MPH over my set of BBlades.
Also had Spinelli blue print my old BBlades props (now back up) and picked up 3 MPH.
Spinelli also builds STAR 5 propellers.
All of BBlades and Hydromotive props are cast by Hill and quality and performance are just not there.
Spinelli just moved into there brand new manufacturing and repair facilty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts