Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We landed on the moon. I remember staying up late and following the whole thing. I'm watching a program on the history channel about this and I think it's pretty cool. I tried to get get my kids interested and they couldn't give a shot. Does any of this mean anything to the rest of you or is space just an everyday thing.

·
Banne'd
2,426 Posts
We landed on the moon. I remember staying up late and following the whole thing. I'm watching a program on the history channel about this and I think it's pretty cool. I tried to get get my kids interested and they couldn't give a shot. Does any of this mean anything to the rest of you or is space just an everyday thing.

You must be old, cuz I don't remember that.:)hand

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
Does any of this mean anything to the rest of you or is space just an everyday thing.
Means a lot, I grew up in Sunnyvale CA thru the 1960's, when my dad worked for Lockheed Missles & Space . . . . got to hear lots of stories when we were growing up . . . one of my memories is the real "Men in Black" showing up at any time (usually dinner) and whisking my dad away for up to several weeks at a time . . . he never said where he went or what he did, but my mom says he was going out on subs testing the Polaris missle . . . we'll never know . . . he passed away in '99, as it turns out the company I work for does a lot of work for Aerojet and the Atlas, fueled in the same building the Polaris was in the '60s.

Besides PB, my favorite sites are JPL and Space.com . . . . so hell yea :)devil

It is sad that many peeps don't realize just how big of a deal it is to leave this planet.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Two "firsts" occured that day. America landed men on the moon, and as a new boat owner (69 Sanger) that was my first day on the water as such. Since it was my first day, and we wanted to make the most of it we stayed out till sunset, by the time we got back to the harbor it was dark and there was a mass of boat floating around the launch ramps with no occupants. We inquired what was going on, and where everyone was, and were told that we had landed on the moon and everyone was up in the snack bar watching television.

Finally got my boat on the trailer around 11 that evening.

·
Break Out Another Thousnd
2,003 Posts
I was knee high to a grass hopper, but I remember everyone watching on tv and making a huge commotion about it. Ever seen the Mythbuster's slam down all the idiots that think it was staged? It's pretty good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.