Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Advantage Citation 496HO
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received this email this morning from our local emergency coordinator. Thought I would share in case anyone was planning a trip on this route or plans to be anywhere near this mess.

"This e-mail is being sent to advise you of the I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project. This project will ultimately add a 10-mile HOV lane and improve supporting infrastructure such as ramps, bridges and sound walls on the San Diego Fwy. (I-405); while widening lanes from the Santa Monica Fwy (I-10) to the Ventura Fwy. (US-101).

This project will require the complete closure of a ten-mile stretch of the I-405 Fwy, beginning Saturday, July 15, 2011 at 0001 hrs. and concluding on Monday July 18, 2011 at 0600 hrs. The complete 10-mile closure of the San Diego Freeway (I-405) will extend from the Ventura Freeway (US 101) to the Santa Monica Freeway (I-10).

All lanes of travel (both north and south I-405 traffic) will be closed from the 101 Freeway at the north end of the closure to the 10 Freeway at the south end of the closure.

The impact to the motoring public in the region will be significant. MTA and Cal-Trans planners are estimating a total back up of over 64 miles, which could extend from the LA / Orange County border to Hwy 126 near Magic Mountain. The CHP, LADOT, LAFD and LAPD have established a Unified Command to ensure public safety and to minimize the overall impact of the freeway closure."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts