Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have 1990 Baja 37' withtwin 454/425hp carbureted, one of this have misfire at high rpm 4200 and up, I installed a new ignition coil but I still have the same problem

Thanks for your help
Dan

·
Registered
336 Posts
misfire

Did you look at your valve springs? May not necessarily be broken, but they could be weak due to age and fatigue. Just a thought.
Darin

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the problem has to start when I was using the power trim high speed, I had a problem on groung of my battery, I repair this problem, but now I have the same problem without using the power trim at high speed, I thought that the ignition coil had been damaged because of my gound problem on the battery, I change it for a new coil without good result, I was not made to check my valve springs because I thought rather a electric problem, but if I can find no other solution I will check the valve springs but for that I will have to remove the engines!

·
rollin on the river
1,932 Posts
Change your distributer cap. I had the same issue changed plugs wires rotor and cap found 1 inch crack from over tightening.

·
Registered
13 Posts
pull your distributor out push the shaft and gear up check for play or wear at top of shaft this can create a high speed miss

1 - 6 of 6 Posts