Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to hear from folks with experience mating a BBF to an AT SD-309. No 3 point bellhousings made so the rear engine can rest on pump (the setup I'm used to from my GM boats). Only two options seem to be an $800 bellhousing from quick time, and a 3 point adapter for a Borg Warner (sold on cpperformance). Or rail mount the engine and NOT have it resting on the pump at all. Curious if anyone has used the 3 point style and how much depth it may add compared to a one piece GM bellhousing option. TIA

·
Registered
52 Posts
Everything I've built was rail mount. It's pretty reasonable in price and works awsome for pump maintance ,accesories and you can put engine wherever you want within reason.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything I've built was rail mount. It's pretty reasonable in price and works awsome for pump maintance ,accesories and you can put engine wherever you want within reason.
Cool, so even though the pump was made to have the rear of the engine resting on it...it won't effect it not doing so? Didn't know if the pump relied on the weight of the motor as part of it's mounting/security.

·
small block jet
405 Posts
Three point mounts were convenient and also covered the driveline. Pump is actually happier without the weight of the motor bouncing around on it. Rail kit is the ticket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts