Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 460 with OT Bassetts. Just wondering what you guys are useing, I was thinking Stainless Allen heads. I have some aftermarket bolts now, it is really hard to tighten a few of the bolts lack of room.

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
I like the ARP 12 point Stainless bolts. They seem to go into aluminum great, and don't chew the threads. The heads size is very small for what they are, and being a j thread, they stay tight.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I used socket head allen bolts on mine, made for getting them in or out a breeze with a ball end allen wrench, mine weren't S/S but I think that might actually be a good idea, just remember to lube your stainless bolts before you put them in.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used socket head allen bolts on mine, made for getting them in or out a breeze with a ball end allen wrench, mine weren't S/S but I think that might actually be a good idea, just remember to lube your stainless bolts before you put them in.
I think i'm gonna go this route, by the way, always lube before entry.:D

·
lol, right.....
1,168 Posts
Socket head allen bolts on mine as well.... Worked great.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,102 Posts
I have a 460 with OT Bassetts. Just wondering what you guys are useing, I was thinking Stainless Allen heads. I have some aftermarket bolts now, it is really hard to tighten a few of the bolts lack of room.
I switched to studs and brass nuts yrs ago. The header bolts would always back off, switched to the studs and brass nuts. Worked great.

S CP :D

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I switched to studs and brass nuts yrs ago. The header bolts would always back off, switched to the studs and brass nuts. Worked great.

S CP :D[/QUOTE

I thought about that also. The problem is getting a socket on these things. On my headers for some reason the bolts are right on the header tube. But I do see what your sayin about backing out, checked every evening at the river, at least one had fallin out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts