Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on the parts list for my 460. Finally sold the car and got some cash! My question is what should I run for an oil pan? Id like a rear sump maybe 12qts. If someone sells a matched pan, pump and pick up that would be nice.

·
Done....
990 Posts
Working on the parts list for my 460. Finally sold the car and got some cash! My question is what should I run for an oil pan? Id like a rear sump maybe 12qts. If someone sells a matched pan, pump and pick up that would be nice.
It all depends on what you want for the money. I've learned that more money you spend, especially for a pan, the better it looks & quality for your application.

Is this for a Jet or V-drive? Milodon makes a marine pan 10 qts w/o pick up around $325 from Jegs. Don't know your application for motor wise, but for mine, I had to go with a bit more extreme for stroke clearence, & splayed main caps. Got a all aluminum sheetmetal deal that I payed $$$ but well worth the money. Just my .02

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jegs has one huh? Thanks, Ill check that out! Oh by the way I tried sending you a pm but I cant tell if it went through. Do you have a tracking number for the t valve and breathers you sent me? Figured they would have made it here by now and would like to check on them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah, by the way the pan will be for a 460 jet boat, stock stroke, never see 6000 rpms, about 500hp.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Let me jump in here!

I've seen people make huge mistakes by purchasing CRAP ass oil pans, (loss of their engine) because the pan was cheap.. But the ****-stick will pay huge bucks for some nice looking valve covers? I don't understand why they do that, the heart of the engine is a good oil pan!!! PERIOD!! Get a nice pan, and safe money in the long run... Keeping the engine happy!

I can get custom fab aluminum pans, for any set up (v-drive, jet). This includes pick-up and windage tray., ,, Made in Kentucky by the boy's who know their FORDS!!! looking at $500 and up never over 1K.. This stuff is better than STEF's pans!!! T-bottom, kick-outs etc.... any quart you want!

Keep it in mind!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok Ill keep that in mind, that really isn't a horrible price for custom made with a pick up, and I like the fact that its made in Kentucky, pretty close to me. But Ill keep looking for a used one for now if new is at least $500

1 - 6 of 6 Posts