Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll have pics and specs up on monday. It has 0 hours on a rebuild and i'm guessing around 600-680 hp. Carb to pan deal. Looking to salee around $3,300. Located in socal (canyon Lake). Just put the feelers out. Anyone looking for a built 468???

· Purple headed member
7,170 Posts
Haulinass has first pick but here's what I got so far. The motor has been in my dads position for ten years plus. He bought it off a guy that built it up for a flat bottom and did nothing with it due to health reasons. My dad bought it and changed the cam so he could run it in his El Camino. After not using the El Camino enough he put the flatty cam back in for his shovel nose. raced it a couple times and tulped a valve. This was about 5 years ago. About 2 years ago I asked what he was doing with the motor and if he would fix it for me and get it ready for a flatty again. He fixed it for me and made it "turn key reliable" before he passed away. I now have the motor in the garage and a 6 month old in the house (no need for it.) I thought I had paper work with the specs on it but the folder labeled "Dad's motor" was all pics of him racing. The only paper work I can find is the Cam specs (pictured). I know alot of sh%$ gets sold on the internet but my dad was great at motors and this thing hauled ass in both the el camino and the shovel nose. I'm in no rush to sale and don't care for your smart ass remarks about what it should be worth. I wish I had more to tell you about it but it is hard to figure out what is what on a motor my father only new about. I can only tell you it is a full roller motor and has 0 hours since it was put back together. I can help you as much as I can with questions or pictures but I'm not good with motors like he was.

Quote this post and then right click and hit "copy". Then re-edit your post in this fashion by deleating your and pasting mine. The way you have it layed out is throwing my moniter WAYYYY OFFF........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.