Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my boat engine rebuilt at a local but reputable machine shop. Cyl bored,line bored,new pistons,crank turned,new cam etc. Did all the proper break-in procedures. It stared losing oil pressure at idle. Drained oil and found metal. Took engine back to the builder and he found no.2 and 4 mains where toast. He's not sure what caused this. Did I get a bad line bore or did the crank guy f up?

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
I recently had my boat engine rebuilt at a local but reputable machine shop. Cyl bored,line bored,new pistons,crank turned,new cam etc. Did all the proper break-in procedures. It stared losing oil pressure at idle. Drained oil and found metal. Took engine back to the builder and he found no.2 and 4 mains where toast. He's not sure what caused this. Did I get a bad line bore or did the crank guy f up?
If it was a align bore, or the crank, the builder should have caught it . That's the difference between a guy that builds engine and a guy on the assembly line. Out side of you not paying attention to the oil pressure or an inadequate pan design etc, it makes no difference the what or why.

Lower ends, specifically bearings don't just fail. Somebody screwed up. You, or the builder. Take your pick

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 2 of 2 Posts