Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With people cutting back; we have been asked what are the net differences between those two engine packages in comparison to 525s.
Anybody versed on this subject so I can provide a good answer. Setup is for a 27' Baja.

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Net gain on comparable boat?

·
Registered
560 Posts
HO also has the internals built to properly to handle a whipple charger!! we have had both motors... our 22' Eagle had the 496, our 26' Eagle has the HO... in the 22 we would go 73mph... in the 26 we go 73mph... you do the math... ;)

AND... no we haven't whippled ours yet...

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
HO also has the internals built to properly to handle a whipple charger!! we have had both motors... our 22' Eagle had the 496, our 26' Eagle has the HO... in the 22 we would go 73mph... in the 26 we go 73mph... you do the math... ;)

AND... no we haven't whippled ours yet...
And.... I would give that some serious thought before doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!
JMHO
NSF

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
I looked into the whipple charging and procharing the 496 either the standard or HO and the consensus from the professional engine builders was very much the same...upgrade to forged internals and valvetrain no matter which system you choose for piece of mind. Both Whipple and Procharger have lots of systems out there and you will definately hear good and bad here on the boards. Lots of peeps will tell you to sell the 496 and get a decent forged 540 instead. Too bad the 496 doesnt have forged internals to begin with.

·
Registered
432 Posts
With people cutting back; we have been asked what are the net differences between those two engine packages in comparison to 525s.
Anybody versed on this subject so I can provide a good answer. Setup is for a 27' Baja.
if you run a 24 pitch prop with a 496 ho you will probably run a 26 pitch on the same boat with the 525 another thing to consider is the 496 mag comes with a bravo 1 the 496ho comes with a bravo 1x and the 525 has the xr and hi performance gimbal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts